mecanil grapple saw

kimtree

Yes i had a very lucky break getting this truck secondhand .Bloke in Queensland was selling 6 crane trucks at once in 2015.Could have been and end of contract sale. This size crane is quite rare here (305.11.5s). It has a jib as well and can pick  400 kg at 25 metres horizontal and will do about 790 kg at 28 metres vertical 

Effer would not let us have the saw on the jib ( its not plumbed for tip functions anyway) so i had to purchase a manual section and  get a short jib engineered locally.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well if you have it you may as well use it.Part way through a reduction on a cluster fig(Ficus racemosa) . Access was a bit tight and nowhere to chuck branches so we craned out them out instead.No pick was heavier than 150 kg

crane jib 010.jpg

• 1 month later...

another pic of the grapple saw.African Mahogany tree was shading the solar hot water service in a hotel complex.While their looks to be lots of room for the truck access at both ends of the driveway is only 3 metres wide with a sharp turn to get in.

To get in i had to reverse the truck around 3 sides of the complex and annoyingly this is the second go at the tree as on Friday i got set up did 5 cuts and blew a hose on the crane.

took about 2.5 hours on Tuesday with setup as well to strip this back and stack all the wood up for chipping . About 15 cube of chip with the Coconut Palms as well.The final cuts on the African Mahogany tree will be done from a MEWP at a later date.

Then i moved the truck forward and took out two  Coconut Palms and swung them round to the roadway.Both of these were over the roof line and at near full reach .The last cut of the coconut palms was with the grapple holding the top and me cutting it off at the bottom.

total time for the Coconuts was 1 hour with setup and could not get into the best position as a car had been left in the plum spot

005.jpg