Saw pulling left - not bar, chain or user

Bloom

2 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

Rotatech chains are utter sh#te

Got 2 with a saw i bought lately and 1 went after 2 hours work.

Lasted longer than i thought actually...

Heard they go ping quick if your bore in with em

Totally agree. Teeth breaking off for no reason (apart from poor quality metal)

Only a matter of time before one of them causes a serious incident.

And it takes ages to sharpen one for the first time.

• Like 1

My Husky 555 is pulling to the left. I've flipped the bar, tried new chains, tried new bar, different users but still pulls to left. When I put a new chain on it, it cuts straight for a while but then the left pull starts. Any ideas?

Did you sort it? Had this happen before, checked cutters- even, bar- dressed, groove- snug, me baffled! On close inspection of chain the links/straps were peened heavily on one side so when not running looked level but under load lent over

Let me get this right, you've tried new bars and new chains? Together? If you've done that the fault has to be back in the bar mounting, but if that was the case the saw would cut off on the first cut.

If a new chain, on the original bar, cuts straight at first but curved with use, then the problem usually lies with the bar (unequal rails). This can wear the shoulders on the chain, which when put on a new bar will still vear off because the chain leans to one side.