Mini tracked hydraulic tip dumper

inthewoods

34 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Thousand tons?? Long whistle. That’ll take some time in a muck truck!

Haha, yeah sounds painful! It'll just be an extra tool to get between the grave stones, will probably rent another tracked dumper but for the cost of a muck truck I may as well buy one + I can't use anything over 1 ton on site due to the delicate condition of the headstones and monuments. Nice 8 week job & my biggest tender ?

I rented a fully hydraulic hi-lift one and a micro digger recently. Moved about 160 tonne of bog and hardcore with it, and it was fantastic. Now I'm looking at a cheaper, lighter, battery powered one with a box bed for general work. Had to move two large ash trees in bits up a steep garden a few weeks back, with a sack trolly, and it took all day and wrecked me. With a pedestrian dumper it would have taken an hour. How's the build quality on the transmission?

14 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

I rented a fully hydraulic hi-lift one and a micro digger recently. Moved about 160 tonne of bog and hardcore with it, and it was fantastic. Now I'm looking at a cheaper, lighter, battery powered one with a box bed for general work. Had to move two large ash trees in bits up a steep garden a few weeks back, with a sack trolly, and it took all day and wrecked me. With a pedestrian dumper it would have taken an hour. How's the build quality on the transmission?

Mines absolutely faultless, carries full load of 20mm stone with ease & full load of wet soil it doesn't even notice it. Personally don't like the box beds, handy if they open up & fold flat but no good for me. Also find them a bit front end heavy. 

IMG_20180724_114446.jpg

IMG_20180709_183417.jpg

• Thanks 1

Tracked dumpers only make sense if they have a self loading bucket. 

Had a dumper without one and always found it pointless, as you're limited to your shovel-speed and efficiency and filling 1 ton of anything in a dumper by hand is plain pain. 

Now got a bucket on it since 2 years and it's just fun, you can even lift logs or grade dirt  with it, 6 buckets and the dumper is filled. Even little digging is possible. 

When just transporting things, the bucket gives a nice additional extension for long stuff like pole saw long logs or just extra volume for more loose material.

Consider this before spending money. 

• Like 1

On 09/09/2018 at 21:11, inthewoods said:

Mines absolutely faultless, carries full load of 20mm stone with ease & full load of wet soil it doesn't even notice it. Personally don't like the box beds, handy if they open up & fold flat but no good for me. Also find them a bit front end heavy. 

IMG_20180724_114446.jpg

IMG_20180709_183417.jpg

Would only buy a high tip version. My muck truck was great (before it got stolen) bu having to carry ramps so could load the tipper got boring real fast. The hinowa 1100 is great.

In a scenario like that, Ash tree no targets, 2ft dia. ABH (6ft DBH)

1st choice every time - persuade the customer to leave standing deadwood for habitat.

2nd choice - persuade the customer to fell and leave fallen deadwood for habitat.

3rd choice - Charge the customer a considerable amount more, fell, ring up sweat buckets heaving it around and take it away. 

Zero return in converting to firewood as most most people realise.

Ooh - and that's a handy wheelbarrow with tracks on for moving something ?

Edited by arboriculturist

10 hours ago, arboriculturist said:

In a scenario like that, Ash tree no targets, 2ft dia. ABH (6ft DBH)

1st choice every time - persuade the customer to leave standing deadwood for habitat.

2nd choice - persuade the customer to fell and leave fallen deadwood for habitat.

3rd choice - Charge the customer a considerable amount more, fell, ring up sweat buckets heaving it around and take it away. 

Zero return in converting to firewood as most most people realise.

Ooh - and that's a handy wheelbarrow with tracks on for moving something ?

Option 4, work to clients spec (within reason & law) to clear and reinstate historical religious walkway for new tourist development. Brash chipped pretty much where it fell to create a basic path and customer paid extra for 4 days splitting it for them. 

Option 5, crane. 

Thanks for your unhelpful advice ?? is it sour grapes that my little tracked toys are undercutting you and winning me a lot of jobs? ?