Bandit stump grinder electrical issues?

benedmonds

Our 2450 grinder has been having repeated issues with the remote... I have posted about it on here before..

We found someone to look and the remote and he changed some switches and sorted that for a while, but it is being temperamental again.  We had a bandit engineer look at it and we now think the receiver unit is playing up.

The guy who sorted the remote works out of the back of a dog grooming salon and I don't think can deal with the whole grinder. 

Bandit (sorry Dean)  are not helpful, saying we have to send the unit to the states, cost and turnaround make this a poor proposition, especially as we are not 100% sure what the issue is..  Surely there must be a localish electrical engineer who can help..

• 4 months later...

The saga with our remote continues.. Global couldn't fix it and recommended we send it to the US (quoted £300-£400).

We thought this would be the end of it so reluctantly agreed..

It got to the US and their "technicians" could not open the box as it was "glued shut.."  They sent it back without even looking at it.. I am so annoyed...

We have now passed it back to our dog groomer/sparky and he opened the box in 20 seconds....  What are global/bandit playing at.  Either they are completely incompetent, or just can't be bothered..

We have yet to be sent the bill for sending it on a holiday to the US where they did not even look at it..  

I am losing faith in bandit and it certainly makes me very wary of buying any more products from them... Which is a shame as the products are great but if they can't sort a basic problem.

We had an issue with ours a while back. Remote would work until the cutting disc was switched, then it unswitched itself/turned itself off and all remote connectivity ceased.

Things would work manually okay.

After reading the problem solving PDF for the remote, I started with the basics. All the engine/battery earths - undone/cleaned and replaced if dubious., then every other connection in the system that I could get access to.  I'm still not sure exactly what the issue was, I think a poor connection from the receiver into the box with all the relays. 

What make is the remote? 

I don't know the make of the remote. 

Our sparky says that water has been getting in.. This was why he silicon sealed it last time.. It looks like water may have still been getting past the switches.. 

We had replaced some (purchased from global) but these may not have have have been water resistant, or may not have had washers fitted...?? 

Our sparky can replace with "military  grade" ones (£300) but we still don't know if there is a problem with the receiver as he doesn't deal with that bit?

Much the same issue with a Carlton 4012 bought used from Lemon Plant.

No-one, not Lemon Plant nor Carlton in USA was able to sort it.

Replaced every damn toggle switch.

Disconnected the red stop button.

Had electrical engineers testing circuits.

Removed mobile phones from working area.

Prayed, swore, danced naked in anger and frustration before clients.

Cried.

Got quoted £4k by Lemon Plant to changed the entire remote system.

Like I'd let those clowns near it after they not only moved a problamatical machine on but utterly failed to take it back even to look at it.

Stuart

• Like 1

Problem is us machines are very well built very well with poor electrics where European machines as not built as well with just as poor electric components in my opinion, unfortunately electrics high vibration and outdoor conditions just don't mix long term.

The saga with our remote continues.. Global couldn't fix it and recommended we send it to the US (quoted £300-£400).
We thought this would be the end of it so reluctantly agreed..

It got to the US and their "technicians" could not open the box as it was "glued shut.."  They sent it back without even looking at it.. I am so annoyed...

We have now passed it back to our dog groomer/sparky and he opened the box in 20 seconds....  What are global/bandit playing at.  Either they are completely incompetent, or just can't be bothered..

We have yet to be sent the bill for sending it on a holiday to the US where they did not even look at it..  

I am losing faith in bandit and it certainly makes me very wary of buying any more products from them... Which is a shame as the products are great but if they can't sort a basic problem.

I would be very wary of throwing money at Global for them to “try” and fix the issue. Who made the remote?