Bandit stump grinder electrical issues?

benedmonds

Not a grinder i know but on my Cela spyder lift we have had a lot of problems.Most which are/were water related. Water in DIN plugs,water infiltrating encased rubber electrical connections. Water getting into cable boots.All these faults indirectly end up back at the remote  making you think there's a problem with it or the receiver.

Other faults were from vibration causing fatigue in a ribbon cable connection (or at least that what i thought it was). And damaged aerials

I would find out the brand of remote/receiver you have and approach the manufacturer or their agent.

Leads me again to the conclusion that a grinder should be stupid simple. 

Talked to a collegue who is using an european made rc-machine. Had over 30 breakdowns  in 5 years and over 1000 hrs due to elctrical issues. 

Was able to solve them all on his own but for the moment the machine sits in the customer's yard. 

Annoying. 

In my case  every wet season down time has been months i think last year it was out of action for 3 months.Might have had 8 months down time with it so far in 4.5 years. I have less than 800 hrs on the clock to

I think if i was in Europe getting parts from the factory would be much quicker  than here in Oz

I finally have all the parts to replace the dodgy connections at the basket end so maybe this wet it won't be a problem.

Top machine when it works though there would not be a better machine out there with its capability just let down by a piss poor parts network. 

Radio remote systems are great when they are working, no make seems any better than others & it would seem all have to go back to the states. Ours go direct to the radio manufacturers, not Bandit.

On remotes in the warranty period we cannot touch or the warranty is void, on used ones we can check the obvious but that’s it. You cannot have a spare unit as it is illegal to have Two on the same frequency for the same machine. Most of our machines come with a tether back up & some with manual switches as well. We would also be interested if anyone found anyone in the UK to repair these.

Perhaps and this is a wild stab in the dark, that a retired Royal Navy weapons engineer mechanic might be the right kind of fellow.

Guidance systems for torpedos and missiles can't be too dissimilar.

Remote control aircraft enthusiasts too.

I bet there is a shed in Basildon where a bald man with glasses and a stutter holds the key (screwdriver) to these problems...

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Haha 1