Anyone want a free chainsaw?

chuck norris

22 minutes ago, Stubby said:

They get asked to make a saw for $60 so it can be sold for $120 , so they oblige . I wonder if the likes of Stihl or the big H could do the same ?

If someone else did all the R&D work, they could use poorer quality materials, quality control levels were lowered, they could pay manufacturing staff the equivalent of a Bic Mac a day....

Of course they could:D:D

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Countryboy said:

Go on Spud, you could look on it as a challenge, no telling what it would go like ported. 

Got enough challenges with my customers saws! I do wonder what would happen if you did get one of these saws and do the works on it but haven't got the time and really can't be bothered as I have better things to do!

Hope your saws are behaving now?

I thought the homeowner  husky  & stihl saws were already made in china.

Do all china ebay  saws  need 25:1 or 40:1 mix, as not seen any listed as  50:1 so they can't or don't  bother to make them the quality of engine  to be able run @ 50:1?

2 hours ago, Stere said:

Do all china ebay  saws  need 25:1 or 40:1 mix, as not seen any listed as  50:1 so they can't or don't  bother to make them the quality of engine  to be able run @ 50:1?

I thought that was more down to the quality of the oil than the machine.  Stihl and husky both say you must use their own branded oils, which can be used a lot leaner than generic 2-strokes.

Hopefully somebody who actually knows something about engines can confirm or correct me... 

I thought that was more down to the quality of the oil than the machine.  Stihl and husky both say you must use their own branded oils, which can be used a lot leaner than generic 2-strokes.
Hopefully somebody who actually knows something about engines can confirm or correct me... 

They do say that but it’s rubbish! Use any decent oil properly mixed and they will be fine. Or aspen or the like

...just can't wait - can you lot  ! I will run it up and give a fair appraisal and there is no obligation back on Chuck - free saw = no complaint . I have resurrected many a fudk saw and have already run a chinese saw fr a few years  on 50 : 1 stihl red . Carb settings are crucial - I think , as they rev lower than Stihl n Husqvarna , so its try it and see ( however I have seen guys trash perfectly good new Stihls in 18months - so there aint realy a comparison ) but am optimistic , K

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

...just can't wait - can you lot  ! I will run it up and give a fair appraisal and there is no obligation back on Chuck - free saw = no complaint . I have resurrected many a fudk saw and have already run a chinese saw fr a few years  on 50 : 1 stihl red . Carb settings are crucial - I think , as they rev lower than Stihl n Husqvarna , so its try it and see ( however I have seen guys trash perfectly good new Stihls in 18months - so there aint realy a comparison ) but am optimistic , K

Yes agreed, my freebe einhell is still running fine, it isn't as good as the Husqvarna 545 I am provided with as a ground saw but it's not a lot slower and revs less. Worst feature is that the oil runs out before the fuel. I think I saw the same model rebadges in Costco for less than 70 quid.