Low impact forestry services in Devon and the South West

Big J

1 hour ago, topchippyles said:

How are you cubing up a load spud. There is a load cut on the floor in my local woods and normally its marked up on the ends in width sizes and can cube from there by the length but all freshly cut and nothing marked up. I know some use different methods 

We dont really cube it up as when it goes down the road on a wagon its in tonnes and over a weigh bridge then invoiced in tonnes, Fresh felled larch is 1.11 cube per tonne and to give you a better idea a 3.7mtr log with a mid diameter of 300mm is 0.26 cube so roughly you would get just over 4 logs per tonne,

4 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

FFS J £118 a tonne for Larch logs delivered in up here but all logs 300mm + i would be trying for another £15-£20 a tonne over next couple of loads if i was you J, you will not get stuck with it at the moment as timber is in very short supply, and sawn timber has taken a massive hike in price like 35% since December, i was going down M6 yesterday and so about 10 or 12 wagons loaded with sawn timber on from BSW at Carlisle,

There is a big price hike for 30cm plus, but we don't see much if anything of that size here. Most of what we deal with goes to Pontralis, where it's effectively a 15cm TDUB log. Low size and low quality.

Large diameter douglas fir is making very good money here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

£35 a tonne, have you been out over the week end with that window cleaner/tree sugeon/fencing contractor 😂😂😂 If you can get it a that price dont hesitate just buy it as you would make good money on it if it was just for firewood,

Me and my Window Cleaning Buddy are doing great. 

First 100t of Larch delivered at £35t. 4.7m lengths as I’ll be milling them. 

Im just waiting on my new Jigsaw so I can make a start. 

D347A046-64BC-498E-A7D3-EA673E7680B8.jpeg

8714D474-C289-405F-9E16-61ACF763EA32.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Me and my Window Cleaning Buddy are doing great. 

First 100t of Larch delivered at £35t. 4.7m lengths as I’ll be milling them. 

Im just waiting on my new Jigsaw so I can make a start. 

D347A046-64BC-498E-A7D3-EA673E7680B8.jpeg

8714D474-C289-405F-9E16-61ACF763EA32.jpeg

Have you ordered a jigsaw ? Festool with a big blade works best and makes me about a £1000 a day just picked a 3 million pound job up today and with a old lady at her bungalow and i am now fully booked till June 2155 and might have to get a new van yet,, 😂😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Have you ordered a jigsaw ? Festool with a big blade works best and makes me about a £1000 a day just picked a 3 million pound job up today and with a old lady at her bungalow and i am now fully booked till June 2155 and might have to get a new van yet,, [emoji23][emoji23]

I’ve a battery DeWalt and a new pair of welly boots. I’ll have the mortgage paid off by the Autumn.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2