You know you're getting old when...

matelot

Just now, Macpherson said:

How things change so quickly.... I got edited by some moderator only a couple of years ago for describing young folk that throw on the chainbrake at 13000 rpm as tvvats... but I am old........and I do agree with you re cowell, :thumbup:

isn't that how you're meant to test them?

chainbrakes, that is, not moderators.

1 hour ago, stihlmadasever said:

There have been some really good bands out in the last 5/6 years but dont get airtime on the major radio stations due to the commercial shite that we have rammed down our throats,that and that twat cowell's never ending conveyor belt of talentless, personality void cretins makes it near impossible for genuine talent to shine through...

Bit of a rant..

Apologies.

It all went downhill with stock, aitkin  and Waterman IMO 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Macpherson said:

For sure test them like that ,, but don't do it every time, treat your equipment with care and it'll last you well.    only imo  

1 hour ago, onetruth said:

isn't that how you're meant to test them?

chainbrakes, that is, not moderators.

Moderators are very much like chainbrake bands.

Test them too often at extreme limits and they will eventually break, and you will need new ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Test them too often at extreme limits and they will eventually break, and you will need new ones.

easy to replace. they serve a purpose but are completely devoid of any glamour and tend to attract grime.

I’m not old, however I’m starting to realise that I’m not young anymore. I would rather listen to radio 4 as I can’t stand the crap on other radio stations, aka head myself.
I get annoyed by speeding cars, why are they in a hurry, it can’t be that important that they have to cut me up.
Nights out leave me with a week long hangover, I plan my nights out before I go on holiday nowadays.
Whisky is the preferred drink.
A good crossword can be the days highlight.
I’ve pretty much given up caring what clothes I wear, if it’s comfy it’s going on.
But one of the most interesting things I have noticed about getting older is the more I care about learning new things, I want to learn more about science, the planet, languages, cultures, history, trees, and music including instruments. I almost get annoyed that there is not enough time to learn more. Just me or is this a universal thing?

• Like 5

yes, I could say all of that about myself. pretty much every word.

one bad thing I've noticed is that, although i'm more patient than ever with strangers, I'm becoming increasingly grumpy towards people I love.  tbh I hate that change and i'm sure it's not normal, but haven't yet learnt the self-discipline to overcome it

Edited by onetruth
  • Like 1