Customer management

Davescay

Hi

Do you guys use any software to manage your firewood customers.  

I'm getting to the stage where I need to start recording addresses,  orders etc which I can then search to help with marketing etc.  I need something more advanced than a spreadsheet.  I would create a access database but I use Macs and can't use it on them

I've looked at various crm software but can't find any to suit my business. 

I do both online sales and phone.  Most are done via text

Many thanks

Numbers on mac is a good spreadsheet program. You can store all the information you need on each customer in a database. Providing you store each customers information in a sensible and logical manner you'll be able to search it or order your columns in such a way that you can get the information you need from it.

Just be careful of data protection law changes that have just recently occurred. You really need to make sure all the data you store is very very secure otherwise you can be in line for a fine if the relevant authorities find out you lose it or it is stolen by hackers.

I think you are falling between two stools. My experience of a CRM system is that it will store contacts, detail orders, flag up or analyse sales, schedule follow up sales in line with previous orders or repeat orders etc. It normally feeds into an order system though, it isn't one as such itself. They tend to be geared to medium to large businesses though with several thousand customers to potentially millions of customers.

Do you use any accountancy software for you business already? As Ash said something like QB could work for you. You have customer details, you can create orders, invoices and receipts. You can easily see what customers have ordered in the past. I use it for my accountancy and you can get it cloud based so you are covered for data protection. I find it is fine for a few hundred customers.

It does lack the 'sales support' aspect though. Ie automated follow up communication if you have not heard from the customer in a defined period of time.

Hi

Thanks for the replies.  I use freeagent and can add my customers on there.  But have around 400-500 last time I checked and it would clog up the accountancy software plus I can't run sale reports from there.  

I'm text messaged based at the minute and export messages into excel. Then sort from in there to get unique numbers with logs/ firewood as key words.  I'm dreading the day I have to manually input it all into a database. 

With regards to gdpr I think I'm fairly safe.  Nothing too complicated about it for us.  Keep things secure. Offer opt out ways if you're marketing to customers