Nice Tow vehicle

donnk

So there is a yankee pickup on the bay, with V5 etc. It's plated as 3500kg and has a train weight on the V5 of 11 tons!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-F250-7-3-Powerstroke-4X4-Auto/282804180870?hash=item41d8715786:g:W6YAAOSwnodakWwD

so car licence B+E, assume a ton of trailer and you can legally tow 10 tons without any of thet C1 nonsense!

here is the V5

niyjCMP.png

B+E only entitles you to tow 3500kg and train weight of 7000kg- depending on the tow vehicle- Some can be laden to 3500kg AND tow 3500kg.

in the case of that ford- regardless of what its capabilities are you are still only allowed to tow 3500kg with it. I think I’m also right in saying you may be even need it downplated to 3.5t as well if that is all your license allows.

still it would make a fantastic tow truck for 3.5t. Much better to have a truck that easily tows that rather than these modern pickups available to us in this country that are right on the max towing 3.5t and quite honestly the vehicles are barely fit for purpose with that weight behind it regularly, but they wouldn’t want to lose out on sales against Landrover.

4 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

B+E only entitles you to tow 3500kg and train weight of 7000kg- depending on the tow vehicle- Some can be laden to 3500kg AND tow 3500kg.

in the case of that ford- regardless of what its capabilities are you are still only allowed to tow 3500kg with it. I think I’m also right in saying you may be even need it downplated to 3.5t as well if that is all your license allows.

still it would make a fantastic tow truck for 3.5t. Much better to have a truck that easily tows that rather than these modern pickups available to us in this country that are right on the max towing 3.5t and quite honestly the vehicles are barely fit for purpose with that weight behind it regularly, but they wouldn’t want to lose out on sales against Landrover.

no.

No limit on trailer weight with B+E thats what makes it unique!

11 minutes ago, donnk said:

no.

No limit on trailer weight with B+E thats what makes it unique!

Where have you read that? Iv never heard of it- all all the literature I have read and was told when doing my trailer test said max towed mass of 3500kg regardless of tow vehicle. I’m sure 7.5t lorries would be able to tow far more than 3.5t but regardless if you only have C+E you are still only allowed to tow 3.5t.

Donk that V5 is a bit of a mess and all the weights are mixed up with kg`s and  lbs , if you look the thing is 3500kg unladen so add fuel any sort of load and driver/passengers  its over weight before you start, also if you look at the yanks spec those trucks are rated in lbs train weight which is about five ton gtw  . That wont leave much for a trailer and load. The dually is a completely different ball game but of course they are well over the 3.5 ton gross.

I know its bollocks because my Blazer was a beast of a tow truck.

Slightly older version but much the same, have a gander at page 31 https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/topics/2017/2017_F-250_F-350_F-450_SD_Pickups_-_Specs.pdf

Bob