Old wood turning chisels

gobbypunk

Hi guys might be a big ask but hear goes , does anybody have any wood turning chisels they don’t want , I have a lathe but no chisels and as I am not able to stand up due to my accident having a go at turning seems like a good thing to do to stop me going totally nuts due to boredom.

Thanks in advance.   Mark

Hi guys might be a big ask but hear goes , does anybody have any wood turning chisels they don’t want , I have a lathe but no chisels and as I am not able to stand up due to my accident having a go at turning seems like a good thing to do to stop me going totally nuts due to boredom.
Thanks in advance.   Mark

Yes mate, I've got a couple of spares you can have.
Might be a few weeks before I can get them as their in France.
Any use?

Hi Mark, posted these for you this morning, 1st class Royal Mail, so you should get them tomoz.
They are fairly sharp at the moment, I use a bench grinder with a green wheel & then a wet stone to sharpen but an ordinary grinding wheel will suffice.
Or you could go old school & use a flat stone (not one you find in your garden) which I do on occasions.
Happy turning.
P.s. It can be very addictive.

Thanks ever so much was looking around my workshop trying to decide where to put the lathe I have one of those cool wet stones with a leather wheel the other side and a couple of oil stones and a set of those diamond pads so should be ok , oh god I had a watch of some beginners wood turning vids on you tube it was like watching paint dry apart from one and a bloke had a chainsaw now that was my kind of wood turning have a look , the chisels have not arrived yet hopefully tomorrow will keep you posted on my progress I have this idea for a coffee table with turned wine bottles with pyrography labels as the legs .

Thanks Mark

• Like 1

Hi the chisels arrived this morning, so had a play so cool I had such a good time and yes it is addictive I am going to put a nice bit of wood on the lathe tomorrow and have a go at making a bowl I will post some pics of how I get on , proper good fun can’t wait to get the hang of it 

Thanks. Mark