Towing in the snow !!!

Bustergasket

I use a 14ft ifor, loaded fully, we have about 5 inch’s around here and it’s a bit slippery, the Ranger will pretty much go anywhere round here but iam not so sure it will with the trailer att and fully loaded, some of the hill descents have been marginal even with no trailer and i just cannot see it liking a steady push from the rear, and i cannot see the trailer been able to do anything other than lock up and slide as the brakes come on, i can see then me having to come off the brakes to keep it all straight but gaining speed, think it’s best left where it is unless anyone has any ideas ? cheers

Put a set of chains on the leading Axel of the Trailer and a set on the front Axel of your Wagon.

Without Winter tyres on your wagon you are pretty much driving a big sledge .Depending on what kind of Snow it is and what the road is like underneath.

• Like 2

I was being nice to this taxi, he came around a corner and slid into this car, I gave him a pull away from the other car, so as to not slide along the side of it even more.

oh I wash I had not bothered, the guy couldn't drive for toffee on snow. 

at first when I started pulling, he left the hand break on. Then after me shouting out my window, he took it off. Then as I pulled him away he drove with his foot fully off the clutch and full lock on tickover

You can guess what was about to happen.  He  almost just slid back into the next car... But my tow rope (which was doubled up to shorten it) stopped him.

anyhow, after me getting out and explaining not to drive like he did,  I repositioned myself and this time I got him on to the correct side of the road.

then off I went to the next victim. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I went out with my ifor tipper and ranger yesterday afternoon and was traveling down a bank towards a petrol station on a good main road and a car pulled in and the van in front of me just stopped in the road, I took evasive action to avoid but came into contact with my wing mirror on a l200 coming the other way , thought I was ok when I got stopped but the back corner of the loaded trailer that had pushed me down the hill had took out most of the wing on the l200. 

Moral of the story in snow lies d the trailer in the yard !!! 

Dont tow in the snow.

So far this week I have lost 3.5 days driver training (mix of trailer & learners).

3 trailer tests cancelled by the DVSA (which was the right call) & a days firewood processing on Sat.

Not a good week.

Fully booked up for about 6 weeks so I will be pushed to get them back in asap.