How to sell more Firewood

arboriculturist

Do you have a Website?

Not one with more than my contact details on. I did intend to but never bothered as we’ve been so busy anyway it would’ve been a waste of money.

Had some good pictures taken and do a bit on Facebook but it’s only really another point of contact. Can however be very useful for targeted ads if you know how to use them [emoji6]

8 minutes ago, SbTVF said:

Not one with more than my contact details on. I did intend to but never bothered as we’ve been so busy anyway it would’ve been a waste of money.

Had some good pictures taken and do a bit on Facebook but it’s only really another point of contact. Can however be very useful for targeted ads if you know how to use them emoji6.png

10 minutes ago, SbTVF said:

Had some good pictures taken and do a bit on Facebook but it’s only really another point of contact. Can however be very useful for targeted ads if you know how to use them emoji6.png

well if you change your mind about the website ;)

• Haha 1

That's a shrewd move linking up with suppliers, as I can see you both get something out of it. Not sure if I could persuade them to take 50/50 as it seems ingrained in retailers / fitters that the only wood that is suitable is Kiln Dried Hardwood.

I should not be dissuaded as we have hundreds of customers who are happy with the product. Maybe it is because we have good quality control.

If the Woodburner suppliers are getting it for free as you mentioned for commissioning purposes - who knows.

Most of them seem to retail small bagged Hardwood whereas we only supply bulk deliveries due to the logistics of being located in a rural location.

It was the best thing we ever did. Even ended up engaged to the owners daughters best friend [emoji85]

As long as it’s suitably dry they should have no complaints and I’m sure would be willing to try if they weren’t up themselves.

In terms of what they use for commissioning, so far they’ve only used less than 2m3 this year. So cheaper than a decent google adwords spend. And that’s fitting over 10 fires a week during the last 6 months! If their growth as a company is any indication of the available market share in log supply, we should do just fine.

It’s in their interest to recommend good quality reliable, local suppliers so I’d strongly recommend approaching some.

• Like 1

Getting in with the stove suppliers is a really good call, I might look into it.;)

We get a lot of sales from someone who cleans chimneys and refers his customers to us because he knows it makes his job easier so we both benefit. 

9 hours ago, SbTVF said:

It was the best thing we ever did. Even ended up engaged to the owners daughters best friend emoji85.png

As long as it’s suitably dry they should have no complaints and I’m sure would be willing to try if they weren’t up themselves.

In terms of what they use for commissioning, so far they’ve only used less than 2m3 this year. So cheaper than a decent google adwords spend. And that’s fitting over 10 fires a week during the last 6 months! If their growth as a company is any indication of the available market share in log supply, we should do just fine.

It’s in their interest to recommend good quality reliable, local suppliers so I’d strongly recommend approaching some.

Real words of wisdom there.