Time to hang up my spikes

Nathanzac

If your willing to give up so early on, I'm afraid your not going to make it a successful business venture. I struggled for about 6years to make my business into a full time thing.. Subbed did part time stuff.. If you haven't got the metal,  give up and get a full time job at glendale 

Apologies if I'm being negative but I've lived and breathed tree work for 17 years and had my own business for nearly ten. I find it abit annoying that someone 6months in expects work to literally fall in his lap. You need to work on a better business plan to succeed. Hopefully I've put some fire in your belly by saying you won't succeed!! 

• Like 5

Who was it that told you there was loads of work? Did you do any further research? 

If theres work then you can get it without any tickets, maybe a chainsaw use cert would be handy and then get the rest as you go along. Getting climbing certs and buying kit does not guarantee anybody anything. Theres 100's of people with that who will never get passed a weeks trial with any company, for various reasons I'm sure, 

• Like 1

I was starting at the at 07:30 and was leaving the sites between 18:30 and 19:30 before having to drive home. I understand the whole top groundie worth his/her weight in gold for running the drop zone, tidy up etc but when the groundie is just a brash dragger, has no idea about tending to ropes etc then there's something wrong. I asked why he finished earlier and was told that was the way it is. Like I said in an earlier comment I was doing just as much if not more then him

Apologies if I'm being negative but I've lived and breathed tree work for 17 years and had my own business for nearly ten. I find it abit annoying that someone 6months in expects work to literally fall in his lap. You need to work on a better business plan to succeed. Hopefully I've put some fire in your belly by saying you won't succeed!! 
I understand what you are saying but I'm certainly not expecting work just to fall into my lap. I've paid out for a website, I've paid to keep my gumtree ad to the top of the search, have a Facebook page so am trying to get my name out there. If I'm honest my initial post was clearly out of frustration. I need to work out other ways to bring in money until the work picks up

You’ve jumped the gun a bit setting up on your own.
£94 a day PAYE is about where it’s at with your experience, that’s just the way it is.
A 12 hour day for that, though, is a pure piss take.
Try and find a better company.
I feel that my hand was forced into this. I never had any grand ambitions to set up myself and £94 a day would've been fine if I was doing sensible hours. I've been speaking to numerous arb setups about employment but get nothing back. I can't see where I'm going wrong?