28 month old 560xpg

deezyboy

My 560 has been faultless (apart from cutting through a fence and piercing the fuel tank 6 months ago) 

recebtlt started a procedure where I noticed we had lost a front exhaust bolt, and a second one was vibrating loose, had no choice but to carry on using it and then started to ‘warble’ when cold until it had re-tuned itself (I assume) after ten mins of running and then ran fine.

took it in to my local dealer and was told when stripped down that the entire saw was beyond economic repair. Gaskets leaking, threads have been stripped requiring heli-coiling, electronic wires have been chewed through etc etc and the bill would have been well over half the cost of a New saw. 

No scoring on pot or piston and he commented how cleanly it had been burning (thanks aspen!) but beyond that it was an expensive bodge.

28 months use of 5 days a week Arb work, so by no means thrashed around in the woods but has still inevitably done some work.    PITA as I loved that saw but at £660 for just over 2 years use it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth, like that ex that was bad for you in general, but at the same time, oh so good ??‍♂️