Hand made cover for chipper

5 shires

Just now, 5 shires said:

What you need to do is get one on hire,if you can’t get a 150p get the diesel as there isn’t any difference in output etc,or alternatively get a 130 and see how you get on...the 150p is as near the same weight etc put 37hp engine rather then 24hp.

yeah not interested in smaller chippers so 130 is out the question. Petrol doesn't bother me, I have nowhere to store red diesel so use pump fuel anyway, would like to see how the gm 150p handles stuff and the petrol timberwolf too as zero info on those so far

4 minutes ago, dan494 said:

yeah not interested in smaller chippers so 130 is out the question. Petrol doesn't bother me, I have nowhere to store red diesel so use pump fuel anyway, would like to see how the gm 150p handles stuff and the petrol timberwolf too as zero info on those so far

This is were a lot of guys don’t understand the Greenmech range..the 130 is a 6” Chipper not a 5”as lots of people think..just cause it’s a 130 it doesn’t mean 130mm chipping capacity..it’s a good 6” petrol Chipper but with a 24hp engine the 150p is essentially the same 6” Chipper but with a 37hp engine..the diesel is 32hp 6” Chipper..you with me?

Just now, dan494 said:

yeah i know, same setup at the back end. I just cant see a point in 24hp when for another grand or so can have 37

No No...what I was trying to say was you may not be able to get a 150p on Hire but you should be able to get a 130 which will give you a very good gauge to how the 150p would be but obviously bigger engine?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jonnygurkha said:

I’ve recently had my second 130 from GA Groundcare and it is a cracking bit of kit. Really well thought out and extremely capable. I swore this would be the chipper I keep and run into the ground but I have a nasty feeling I’ll be tempted by the 150p in 3 years time!

You won’t be disappointed and I would guess by then it may have improved...like I said before the output is as near a barrow of chip same as the 150 diesel..ok you may use a little more petrol but in the great scheme of thing it may be a couple of litres over a week..it’s such a good looking machine as well.?