New 150p Greenmech

5 shires

22 minutes ago, dan494 said:

Good looking machine. Had a nose at the diesel one last week as local place had one out in display. Not convinced about the roller setup, hope it serves you well

20180222_115659.jpg

It’s like everything else it’s down to personal preference,I like the vertical roller set up as do other people prefer the horizontal ones...the petrol 150p looks less boxy then the diesel one and has just around the same out put and is much lighter.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 5 shires said:

Had my new 150p Greenmech now for around a month..had to wait a while for it from order and firstly I would like to say Greenmech customer service have been fab and very helpful. The Chipper is very good with the more powerful 37hp petrol vanguard engine as opposed to the 24hp Hondas in the 130. The fuel consumption is very good and the design is the best looking machine of any Chipper.out put is more then enough for my needs..but because i’am a design freak I have been speaking to Greenmech as they rang me to see how things were going and I had one big issue that it struggled with forks in branches and always seems to lift rather then stay straight.which ultimately gets snagged.i have a couple of ideas I would like to put to them.but overall it’s a great looking and able machine.i a couple of mates have just got new machines Timberwolf 230 and Forst and while both machines are in some ways better then the Greenmech they are considerably more expensive..I would give the Greenmech 8/10 just the issue with the forks which with a little more thought could be sorted.overall I have made a good choice...and I even like the colour ?

Sounds a cracking machine, what size timber/fork gets snagged, and is it the angle of the fork that is causing the issue? looking to purchase one in a couple of months but a little anxious now.

10 hours ago, Shaunpaul said:

Sounds a cracking machine, what size timber/fork gets snagged, and is it the angle of the fork that is causing the issue? looking to purchase one in a couple of months but a little anxious now.

You won’t go far wrong with this machine..I may be being a bit picky but when the guy from Greenmech asked if was all good I felt I just had to mention the slight issue with on occasions it I sometimes have to mess about getting the rollers to bite.But if you looking at a new 6”Chipper and also being petrol you need look no further then the 150p..plus it looks fab.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had it for a week in evaluation before it came out, we liked it .
It’s a nice looking machine, good power and a proper 6”machine, the petrol doesn’t have the low down grunt of a diesel but that’s to be expected. Is it the best 6” ? No I would say forst is much better indeed and the tw has a bigger opening. I wish gm would get rid of the side rollers as I don’t think there anywhere near as good as a standard set up and there not good on snapping stuff as we have an arb150 d , it’s good but I would spend more on the Forst.

• Like 1

Why would you say the Forst is better Ian C? 

We carried out a side by side demo of the Arborist 150p and the ST6P recently.

The Forst is louder and does indeed give the impression that its more of animal when feeding but general throughput is much of a muchness. I found the Forst does feed the smaller stuff quicker because of a heavier flywheel / quicker turning feed rollers but the GreenMech recovers quicker once in the stress control zone.  I appreciate this video doesn't show identical material, I just stepped back for a moment and took a video.

Customer purchased the Arborist 150p...

• 3 months later...
You won’t go far wrong with this machine..I may be being a bit picky but when the guy from Greenmech asked if was all good I felt I just had to mention the slight issue with on occasions it I sometimes have to mess about getting the rollers to bite.But if you looking at a new 6”Chipper and also being petrol you need look no further then the 150p..plus it looks fab.[emoji106]
5 months on how go's it?
Hope your still loving your new chipper and it's blasting through the jobs and earning its keep
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gray git said:

5 months on how go's it?
Hope your still loving your new chipper and it's blasting through the jobs and earning its keep

Morning John good to hear from you and hope yourself and the family are all good,yes chipper working well and no problems,except I’ve only had it 1/2 a year  but looks like had it for 2,doesn’t take long for them to get hammered no matter how hard you try to look after them.and it’s definitely earning its keep.

Morning John good to hear from you and hope yourself and the family are all good,yes chipper working well and no problems,except I’ve only had it 1/2 a year  but looks like had it for 2,doesn’t take long for them to get hammered no matter how hard you try to look after them.and it’s definitely earning its keep.
Good good, all doing well thanks.
Yes it's amazing how many times you end up looking at a new scratch or chip thinking how the hell did that happen, annoying sometimes but as long as it keeps running well it's just that.
  • Like 1

It’s a nice looking machine, good power and a proper 6”machine, the petrol doesn’t have the low down grunt of a diesel but that’s to be expected. Is it the best 6” ? No I would say forst is much better indeed and the tw has a bigger opening. I wish gm would get rid of the side rollers as I don’t think there anywhere near as good as a standard set up and there not good on snapping stuff as we have an arb150 d , it’s good but I would spend more on the Forst.
You get alot less whip from long branched going through the chipper with the vertical rollers

8 hours ago, slack ma girdle said:
On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 07:27, Ian C said:

Read more  

You get alot less whip from long branched going through the chipper with the vertical rollers

Not really it just whips in a different direction, there is also the fact that the rollers are Purley relying on spring pressure to crush/pull them together where as standard up and down rollers have there own weight advantage to start with, I have run a few gm with the side rollers and have grown to dis like the. The new arb 200 is a better machine all round imo.

• Like 1