Huski 572xp

johnnyboy158

• 2 weeks later...

I'm i off my head getting a new 372xp then?? Shoud i hold off for the 572?

Had a few over the years and really can't fault them (plus a few donor saws to canablise as time goes on)

I just really like the old 372's fairly simple saws that do exactly wot there meant too. nd are fairly long lasting compared to how hard there worked

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drinksloe said:

I'm i off my head getting a new 372xp then?? Shoud i hold off for the 572?

Had a few over the years and really can't fault them (plus a few donor saws to canablise as time goes on)

I just really like the old 372's fairly simple saws that do exactly wot there meant too. nd are fairly long lasting compared to how hard there worked

Not tried a 572 yet . 372 is a stonking saw , especially when it is ported by Spud .  I am curious about the 572 but don't really need one as I have the above .  Send yous off to Spud . You wont be disappointed !

Must admit i do really love my 372's, great saws to work on bigger timber.

Sometimes i worry with new models if there is any teething problems intially, and to be honest some new saws are just far too complicated.

Esp when the old models works so bloody well. I bet plenty folk wished they bought an extra 254xp or stuihl ms 200 top handled before the new models came out.

How much does that cost?

As an aside i take it that will totally devoid the warranty with a brand spanking new saw?

I take it it can be ported anytime? ie after warranty

Must admit even a factory 372 cuts pretty well, be hard to improve on it really, esp with the length of time they last

While i don't know anything about the porting thing, yet (will red into it somemore) i often think if u want the saw to last ur mibee better of with it not being over tuned or producing too much power.

I do sometimes think some husky's (357xp for 1) are just too highly tuned and so tend to go bang a bit quickier than u'd hope.

9 hours ago, drinksloe said:

Must admit i do really love my 372's, great saws to work on bigger timber.

Sometimes i worry with new models if there is any teething problems intially, and to be honest some new saws are just far too complicated.

Esp when the old models works so bloody well. I bet plenty folk wished they bought an extra 254xp or stuihl ms 200 top handled before the new models came out.

How much does that cost?

As an aside i take it that will totally devoid the warranty with a brand spanking new saw?

I take it it can be ported anytime? ie after warranty

Must admit even a factory 372 cuts pretty well, be hard to improve on it really, esp with the length of time they last

While i don't know anything about the porting thing, yet (will red into it somemore) i often think if u want the saw to last ur mibee better of with it not being over tuned or producing too much power.

I do sometimes think some husky's (357xp for 1) are just too highly tuned and so tend to go bang a bit quickier than u'd hope.

Quite the opposite RE reliability I have found . The saws run more efficiently , cooler , and are totally reliable . I have , for example ,a 346 ( 2004 ) that Spud ported for me and all it has had in all that time is one spark plug .

Maybe . Although I bought the Husqvarna 4 fuel and will be mixing it at 50:1 with my Red Line Racing 2t oil .

Sounds like an expensive tipple Stubby.
Bet the saws will run clean though. I’d hate to have to go back to pump fuel
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...