My first chainsaw...

Rough Hewn

On 24/02/2018 at 19:48, Stubby said:

Go for it bud !

Have gone for it

Unlike a 1978 petrol saw this one started first time.  The 20 inch bar had quite a few teeth to sharpen which were a pain as the chain had no free wheel and was impossible to spin slowly with the 1600 watt motor

I bought the saw bench off eBay for £35 delivered and read all the reviews about it being impossible to assemble because of hopeless instructions.

I thought that they must be a load of snowflakes unlike me with all my skill, however they were dead right!  The thing is not to become angry, just treat it like an Easter puzzle!

I am sure it would go even better with a new chain and with the oil worked in a bit more and considering I was sawing left handed with one hand it felt very secure

The Portek needs to be in a barrow so I do not have to pick the split logs up.  It is certainly not as easy as the Palax but it is quiet and good for the occasional job here at home away from the yard 

So the Dolmar lives again.

Any other resurrections from the 1970s out there?

I will put a video on YouTube as the file is too big to put on here