Stiga multiclip

Mark Bolam

Has anyone got any experience of the Stiga Multiclip, in particular the entry level 47 model.

It's not for commercial use, just my own smallish lawn.

My old cheapo will probably need replacing this season, and I fancy the idea of no collection and extra nourishment for the grass, but I'm slightly concerned about the finish, which looks crap on all the vids I've seen.

We have an old Stiga Multiclip. It's been pretty much indestructible with aly deck and Briggs engine. Cost £200 SH many years ago and just soldiers on in spite of some brutal work clearing bramble thickets. In Liz's hands it's know as the plough  xD

Not convinced that mulching for such a wet area was such a great plan though. Mulching feeds the grass and combined with wet summers it grows so fast you need to be cutting more than once a week to keep it looking nice.  End up cutting in the rain or just letting it go at times.

Edited by Woodworks

Thanks Woodworks.

This is for a level, nomal lawn.

I know I'd have to leave the cut a bit a bit longer, but would still want to go as short as possible, if that makes sense.

Cutting twice a week at the height of the season wouldn't be a problem at all, it's a quick job.

Mark, as long as you are willing to cut you grass regularly, maybe, as you say, twice a week in growing season, the Stiga Multiclip will leave a perfect finish. 

Its only when the grass is a little too long that some residue may start to appear and that can be countered by raising the deck a little to reduce the amount go grass being processed, or by reducing forward speed in the case of a push along model. Read this guide that I have written about mulching.

All you need to know about Mulching

There is not a mower on the market that will leave a mulched finish as good as as a Stiga.

Mountfield do not have any Multiclip models in their range, they only have collectors with mulch plug options which will not mulch as well as a dedicated machine such as the Multiclip.

The Multiclip 47 is, as you say, the entry model in the Multiclip range and comes in a choice of 3 formats

The Multiclip 47 Blue is powered by a Stiga engine and is hand propelled at £229 offer price.

The Multiclip 47 S Blue is also Stiga powered but is self propelled at the offer price of £289.

The Multiclip 47 SQB is powered by Briggs & Stratton, is self propelled, and also has a side discharge facility for longer grass. It is priced at £339.

I hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

Whoops my mistake I thought I’d seen one in a dealers last year might have been a lawnflite/mtd

To be fair Richard, you may seen a Mountfield Multiclip. The Multiclip is really a Stiga product, but has in the past been produced in Mountfield livery, but not for a few years now.

To be fair Richard, you may seen a Mountfield Multiclip. The Multiclip is really a Stiga product, but has in the past been produced in Mountfield livery, but not for a few years now.

Oh ok It might have been that! I thought it was last year! And that could have been the mtd as this dealer does all sorts of brands (too many and not that good a dealer either but that’s another story!)

The twin clip decks seem good. And also seem to have got better. My dad had one of the lower end front deck ride ons which was good but bought a new one last year (not sure which one circa £8k) and it’s even better.

6 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

Oh ok It might have been that! I thought it was last year! And that could have been the mtd as this dealer does all sorts of brands (too many and not that good a dealer either but that’s another story!)

The twin clip decks seem good. And also seem to have got better. My dad had one of the lower end front deck ride ons which was good but bought a new one last year (not sure which one circa £8k) and it’s even better.

I do like my Stiga ride on mowers, and so do my customers. These have come in for service since Wednesday, and I am bringing two more in this afternoon. ?

20180224_095747.jpg

• Like 1