First saw and equipment

MartinConnor

If you buy your own saw ( probably around the 45 to 60 cc bracket ) get the bestist  mostest professional saw you can afford . Once you have passed ( despite Vesp pissing on fireworks again ) you will want to start Up grading / getting more / bigger saws . So don't get some limp home owner twaddle coz you will want to " out it " for a pro saw as soon as .  You can NEVER have too many saws .  Its in the rules . :D

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

If you buy your own saw ( probably around the 45 to 60 cc bracket ) get the bestist  mostest professional saw you can afford . Once you have passed ( despite Vesp pissing on fireworks again ) you will want to start Up grading / getting more / bigger saws . So don't get some limp home owner twaddle coz you will want to " out it " for a pro saw as soon as .  You can NEVER have too many saws .  Its in the rules . :D

I'd get a mid'ling sort of a saw on the off chance chopping tree's isn't as easy as it looks..  

And, somethin thats bin botherin me is the, "I'm leaving the forces"..  like so what!!!..  what do you want a medal?..  

Would be nice if all we were told was he was looking into getting into chopping tree's as he's moving on from his current job..

I don't know about anyone else but doin time in the forces cuts nice ice with me....   

5 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

I'd get a mid'ling sort of a saw on the off chance chopping tree's isn't as easy as it looks..  

And, somethin thats bin botherin me is the, "I'm leaving the forces"..  like so what!!!..  what do you want a medal?..  

Would be nice if all we were told was he was looking into getting into chopping tree's as he's moving on from his current job..

I don't know about anyone else but doin time in the forces cuts nice ice with me....   

STFU .  You don't " chop " trees down with a saw anyway .  Thats done with an axe .  You are also disrespectful .  Being a gobby gardener cuts no ice with me . Incidentally he may already have a medal or 2 . I hate you .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

You could always leave, rather than insult new members.

Thanks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I wouldn't buy too much kit before the course, ask loads of questions once on the course. I have size 13 feet so had to buy boots before mine.

Absolutely the best advice I was given was to go to an arb show and try lots of harnesses before you buy - it is worth paying for one that is comfortable. I did not come away with the one I would have chosen on the internet or from reviews etc but am very happy with the choice.

• Like 1