How are your stocks holding up?

Woodworks

Had 75t of hardwood in stock in November and it’s all gone. Drying throughout the winter and only just keeping up. Could sell loads more if I’d had it ready.

More hardwood on order but everyone’s after it and the prices are going up and will rise further through the year I would expect.

Softwood is particularly in short supply.

If you have the money, buy some woodland!

We've completely run out and ironically the cold weather also slows down our drying. I've got a couple of hundred tons cut ready but it's just sitting there damp waiting to dry.

I've also noticed prices going up for buying in, especially softwood and it's getting harder and harder to find ash.

1 hour ago, Woodworks said:

Yes I have cut a third of next years stocks.

People sound surprised that we cant magic dry logs out of thin air. Yes we will just process that dry roundwood that came with a free unicorn xD

Are you struggling to get timber due to weather, shooting season restrictions and landowners not wanting forwarders etc. on their land?

2 hours ago, arboriculturist said:

Are you struggling to get timber due to weather, shooting season restrictions and landowners not wanting forwarders etc. on their land?

Yes Euro were straight with us saying they have to supply their big customers first. Plenty to get on with here anyway but hope they can get around getting us some loads in the not too distant future.