New Grease Gun

donnk

14 hours ago, donnk said:

Been looking at electric for ages, with the new digger on order and the 5 tonner and telehandler to grease as well pulled the trigger. My kit is dewalt so got a dewalt one. Have to say with the fastloc is bloody great.

fRS9gjn.jpg

N9Thv1P.jpg

Does this continuously inject grease when you press the trigger, or just a short burst? I have an air one, but its useless. I prefer the vacuum grease gun

Just be mindful of the pressure that some kit works at. Spot on for purge systems but some things, like track tensioner systems, don't need high pressure as it puts unnecessary poundage in and can weaken seals or put too much load on bearings etc.

2 hours ago, PeteB said:

Just be mindful of the pressure that some kit works at. Spot on for purge systems but some things, like track tensioner systems, don't need high pressure as it puts unnecessary poundage in and can weaken seals or put too much load on bearings etc.

I dont think its an issue, the volume is what matters and it can be controlled with the trigger. It doesn't come out any faster than a hard pump on the manual gun. Probably one of those things that sounds like an issue in theory but in practice isnt.

1 hour ago, donnk said:

I dont think its an issue, the volume is what matters and it can be controlled with the trigger. It doesn't come out any faster than a hard pump on the manual gun. Probably one of those things that sounds like an issue in theory but in practice isnt.

Some things can be overgreased though, slew bearing on a digger for example- too much grease will push out the seals causing dirt ingress etc, bucket pins and the like, more grease is good as it pushes out any dirt.

i like that grease gun though- the problem I always have with manual ones is when changing over a cartridge I always seem to struggle to get grease to come out for a while- possibly air locked or something- does that dewalt make it easy?

4 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Some things can be overgreased though, slew bearing on a digger for example- too much grease will push out the seals causing dirt ingress etc, bucket pins and the like, more grease is good as it pushes out any dirt.

i like that grease gun though- the problem I always have with manual ones is when changing over a cartridge I always seem to struggle to get grease to come out for a while- possibly air locked or something- does that dewalt make it easy?

Make sure you store the cartridges cap up definitely not on there side or ring pull up so the grease settles so any air is at the cap end and it nice and flat for the plunger to push against and make sure the handle is out when ypu screw it back together and release the plunger this will give ypu the best chaof it working straight off and dping it this way qith good lithium grease i cant remember the last time i had an airlock also storing the grease gun upright seems to help stop air bubbles forming 

If all else fails open the handle and a good quality grease gun should have a little ball valve to depress with the tip of a screwdriver to sort out air 

11 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

it has a bleed valve on the top.

insert cart, crank for couple secs, crack open valve and crank. job done.