Chainsaw keeps cutting out

mazdaq

Hi

Having trouble with my saw - used it for a couple of years but lately it is taking many attempts to start. Then when I get it going, I can say cut one branch and then when I take my finger off the throttle, it cuts out, it doesn't idle over. Then I repeat the whole process.

What could be causing this? My initial thought is maybe some kind of fuel blockage. I'm a bit of a novice so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Im no mechanic but i always check the easy stuff first.Did you use fresh fuel?

Is it at a 50:1 ratio

Check the air filter

Check the spark plug what colour is the spark plug electrode as that can be an indicator to other issues.

Check fuel filter.

If i have a saw lying around

(usually dont) or buy one i always service it and go through the bits i know to check for issues.

Could be a fuel line but check the easier bits first.

Im sure someone will be along to give your more indepth advice.

Hope its an easy fix mate

• Like 1

So much for the "easy start" and "reliable...." it sounds like the low speed fuel circuit isn't delivering, you will need to find the fuel adjustment screws, there will be two of them and a much larger one which is the idle screw. The two close together - possibly marked "H & L" are the cookies, find the one closest to the engine and give it a 1/4 turn anti clockwise and see what that does for you. You may have to increase the idle a bit but that is normal.

If you don't understand this then there is no hope and either take it to someone who does, give up and buy a major brand saw or purchase another of these dodgy imports.

A Stihl 181 or small Husqvarna may be a prudent choice!