Firewood is too time consuming?

Squaredy

Anyone fancy the idea of making money from firewood, but not happy about the time it takes doing all those deliveries, and either sitting on the wood for ages, or building a kiln?

I am after suppliers of processed but unseasoned hardwood and softwood near to South East Wales.  I can collect and of course will pay a wholesale price, as I then have to dry the wood, bag it up and sell it.  I am a little fussy about what species I buy - for hardwoods I can take Beech, Oak, Birch Hornbeam, and Ash, and softwoods Larch or Douglas Fir only.

I pay £60 per full IBC cage (or euquivalent volume) of hardwood and £50 for softwood.  Ideally I would collect in a tipper grab lorry and we can work out volume when it is in the lorry, but other ways may be feasible.

Anybody like the sound of doing all the routine processing and letting me worry about drying, delivering, customer complaints etc....!!!  You must be within say 45 mins or so of Usk/Newport of course or the transport cost will be too high (Bristol would be fine).  And yes I really don't care how fresh and wet the wood is.

Anyone like the sound of that?

Thank you for the responses.  I would prefer to avoid Spruce as in my experience it is just not very dense.  I would be more likely to take Pine than Spruce.  Having said that if someone showed me some Spruce that was clearly slow grown I might be OK with it.  There is quite a bit of Spruce on my site and it is very fast growing, so very light indeed when dry.  Maybe Spruce is denser where you are?

In answer to you gdh yes you probably are a bit too far (my Dad lives near Llandovery, but sadly he doesn't posess a grab lorry).   Unless I can find a lorry that comes from your way down this way and get a good rate for a back load.  I probably need no more than 8 or 10 lorry loads per year, and no timing isn't important so I could take it when you are quiet and then I would sell it the following winter or the one after.  Know any good hauliers with tipper lorries or similar?

I don't know anyone locally unfortunately, I'm not sure if bowcetts/border firewood go your way much but they would have to come a long way first unless we got lucky with a back load. 

If you don't find someone closer give me a message and we can see who's about if you want. 

I have a large continued quantity(couple of hundred tonnes at the moment with more to come) of softwood and will be based in the Swansea area. I have the abilities to split and pass out in that stage or it can go through a kiln to dry it down. 

full artic lorry collection would not be a problem from site.

OK Gary thanks.  I had a good response to my original post, but most people were a bit far away, though one member is just round the corner from me.  

I am always after logs for sawmilling as well, though I have plenty just now, but maybe later in the year...