Does anyone demand payment on job completion?

flatyre

I do like that, so if your running multiple jobs does one of the climbers do that ?
What are the terms for payment of an invoice ? Yours and legally ?
Is all this on your quote and signed of before also ?

If they don’t pay within those first days are you straight in with a debt collection ?

11 minutes ago, Andymacp said:

I find it easier and the customers appreciate it.
If you take payment on the door step it would be cash or cheaque which is a pain going into the bank.
If your wanting transferred then you need to provide an invoice which they legal have 30 days anyway(Scotland) .
I’m set up for larger jobs anyway so don’t really notice the difference .
I would find it hipocrytical when I use fuel cards, credit cards, finance, when I’m invoiced for anything I pay within 2 weeks.

It’s not without merit Andy, granted.

At least some of their shrubs would have time to recover.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

I always have at chat at quote stage about payment on completion, preferably by bank transfer.

I only take cheques from older folks without this facility.

Commercial work is normally different, but I never get involved in stupidly long payment terms.

thas the exact same way as i do it.  

I don't mind waiting six months for some customers. Depends on the person and the situation. What gets me is people who have, or could have in 5 minutes, the cash to hand but make you work for it. Latest job was "Call to me before the weekend with your invoice and I'll give you a cheque." Called in the afternoon to confirm "meet me at 8.00" - (this is after a half hour drive) waited half an hour and called again. Eventually shows up and we do the invoice together, then he goes to the office to write the cheque. How long does it take to write a cheque?? Five minutes, apparently. I imagined him fighting a Gollum/Smeagol type battle with himself to do it...some folks just have trouble letting go of the wadge..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, john p said:

I generally drive them to the cash point as soon as we’ve started the job

You're missing a trick there John.  I usually drive them to cashpont before we start.  Keeps the tyre kickers in check. 

Edited by Mark J
Sausage fingers
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I find this approach works well with the elderly. I've invested in one of those outside caravan steps to assist them getting into the passenger seat.

1 hour ago, john p said:

I generally drive them to the cash point as soon as we’ve started the job

If they are really old you could take the card and ask for the pin number, they could put the kettle on ready for when you get back.:ph34r:

• Like 3