Fail compilation

iTretoppen

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

The bit at about 1 minute where you are trying to get the strop, or whatever it's called around the branch, through itself and on to the karabiner is brilliant. Your brain knows what to do but your hands can't understand it.

I have similar problems getting ratchet straps undone but I always get there in the end :thumbup:

4 hours ago, s o c said:

Refreshingly honest video

Agreed!  I can often spend almost as long watching the videos of a task as I do 'doing' the task.  Incredibly useful for self analysis.

It was a bit worrying (for your safety and financial well being) to see so many 'little' mistakes even over a fairly long time frame.  

What percentage, as a rough guestimate, would you say were afternoon as opposed to AM?  I'm of the view that my little errors are more prevalent around the 14:00 mark, I'll allow myself 1, if a second one occurs I draw stumps and come out of the tree - come back another day.   

• Like 1

A good reminder of the dangers we face when you see the saw going through the trousers.

I really like my Stihl 160T Li ion top handle saw. Lightweight, enough power for pruning, and dismantling stuff up to 6-7 inches, but the chain speed is much slower, the saw is lighter, and I think that makes it safer.

I realise it is a bit of an "unfair" test on full throttle, but I reckon the Stihl 880 wont flinch at protective trousers!

17 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Agreed!  I can often spend almost as long watching the videos of a task as I do 'doing' the task.  Incredibly useful for self analysis.

It was a bit worrying (for your safety and financial well being) to see so many 'little' mistakes even over a fairly long time frame.  

What percentage, as a rough guestimate, would you say were afternoon as opposed to AM?  I'm of the view that my little errors are more prevalent around the 14:00 mark, I'll allow myself 1, if a second one occurs I draw stumps and come out of the tree - come back another day.   

Maybe time to knock the lunchtime spliff on the head Kevin.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Uh, have never thought about that actually. I mostly do small jobs (1 day) and often climb till lunch, and do groundswork after. But I'll keep it in mind, one error a day is enough, smart to quit then! 

Climb safe! 

3 hours ago, Khriss said:

Definately very honest - cos we forget our lil slip-ups ;)  am thankful am in one piece , good demo on saw trousers ( to be fair the protection is for 'power-off ' cutting slips , yr not gonna determinedly keep sawing into yr leg :P )  K

Yeah, I know. But I had to try :laugh1:

• Like 1