Jensen A540 Turntable chipper opinions

wicklamulla

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 15:45, Mike Hill said:

Buying a solid used machine is a sound decision. That one is pretty much new.

I would buy that one over a new machine.

It really depends on the machine in question in my opinion.

On one hand you can buy a solid machine, avoid the majority of depreciation and all is well...

Or you can spend 10k (just as example) find out its a covered up nail, have several issues, no real warranty, loads of downtime and wish you spent that bit extra on a new machine which is brand new, has 3 years warranty and no financial gamble.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok i was slow off the mark and pondering my options cud have been a good thing as i may struggle with a 1450KG chipper in fields/paddocks behind the Transit or 4x4 pickup.   Time to consider a lighter weight machine and hope it has enuf metal / build quality to stay together.

I have a Jensen A540 turntable, 2013 model ex demo, now got 305 hours on clock. It is bar far and away the best chipper I have owned. Once you have had a turntable chipper you won't want a fixed one unless it is tracked.

I have had a Timberwolf 18/100G ie 4 inch gravity fed, then a Donald 6 inch 36hp diesel single roller fed, then a Gandini 05MTS 34hp twin roller turntable 7.5inch and a 6 inch twin roller Arboreater PTO chipper.

I also currently run a Forst TR6 6 inch tracked chipper. Whilst the Forst is excellent in every way, the Jensen A540 has the edge if it can can get to the site. It has the open top wide feed hopper which enables you to feed awkward branches in with minor branches coming off the parent branch at awkward angles.

If my A540 TT chipper was stolen/written off I would simply replace with the same again. I am a long way from you otherwise I would volunteer to demo it for you. I think the price asked by Dennis Barnes is fair. I paid £17K + VAT for mine with 13 hrs on the clock. I also think the pictures they show of the hopper are compatible with the quoted hours.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...