fastest cutting chain for 550 with 13 inch bar?

RMB68

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8 February 2018 at 20:20, carpenter1 said:

How are you all finding your 550xp?

The crappy designed transfer port seal went on my 550xpg (2013 model) ...so it scored the piston & barrel. Husky didn't do a recall on that, which is plain wrong.

Out of warranty so sent it to Spud for a new pot n piston and porting and I'm even happier with it than ever!.... biggest thing I've noticed is that the 18" bar is pulling through far better than it ever did before. Doesn't bog down.

So power wise it sits somewhere between a 550xpg and 560xpg... but nice and light.

Awesome!

cheers, Steve

10 hours ago, SteveA said:

The crappy designed transfer port seal went on my 550xpg (2013 model) ...so it scored the piston & barrel. Husky didn't do a recall on that, which is plain wrong.

Out of warranty so sent it to Spud for a new pot n piston and porting and I'm even happier with it than ever!.... biggest thing I've noticed is that the 18" bar is pulling through far better than it ever did before. Doesn't bog down.

So power wise it sits somewhere between a 550xpg and 560xpg... but nice and light.

Awesome!

cheers, Steve

Sounds likes you didn’t have the most helpful dealer? Turned out for the better though.

11 minutes ago, Sveriges said:

Sounds likes you didn’t have the most helpful dealer? Turned out for the better though.

I believe it should have been Husqvarna who could & should have recalled them with a modification, much the same as many car manufacturers do.

I don't portion any of the blame on the dealer.... they weren't the ones who built a saw with a design flaw.

Husqvarna modified the later 550's for exactly the problem that I had with mine (which is an earlier version, being 2013)..... Husky haven't even bothered to inform customers of the potential problem.... if I knew I could have had the seals replaced long before any damage occurred.

Ho hum. Maybe I won't buy a husky next time?

cheers, steve

7 hours ago, SteveA said:

I believe it should have been Husqvarna who could & should have recalled them with a modification, much the same as many car manufacturers do.

I don't portion any of the blame on the dealer.... they weren't the ones who built a saw with a design flaw.

Husqvarna modified the later 550's for exactly the problem that I had with mine (which is an earlier version, being 2013)..... Husky haven't even bothered to inform customers of the potential problem.... if I knew I could have had the seals replaced long before any damage occurred.

Ho hum. Maybe I won't buy a husky next time?

cheers, steve

Funny thing, I did the CS32 course last year and the instructor supplied us (only me and another lad on the course) with 550xpg saws. Both refused to run properly, and we all three ended up using my little rear handle 201 for the last three days. For the assessment they purchased a cm261. Said they only had the Husqus because of a corporate sponsorship deal and wouldn't buy them again.

People who have running issues with the latest gen husky saws are always using the wrong 2 stroke the manual states xp/aspen and I’ve been running xp in my 560 for 6 years now and never had 1 issue with it and my 550xp is spot on too only time I get issues with my 550 is when I sub in to another company use there fuel and I get starting issues with the saw.

24 minutes ago, butters said:

People who have running issues with the latest gen husky saws are always using the wrong 2 stroke the manual states xp/aspen and I’ve been running xp in my 560 for 6 years now and never had 1 issue with it and my 550xp is spot on too only time I get issues with my 550 is when I sub in to another company use there fuel and I get starting issues with the saw.

Mine was run on aspen for the first 3 years and Stihl synthetic for the rest, never saw a drop of anybody else's fuel can.... I'm always spot on with my fuel mixes.

As much as I think Aspen is great for personal health.... just running on 2 stroke Aspen is never gonna cure a manufacturing design flaw.

It's a common problem and more & more people will be due to find that out....

cheers, steve

Mine was run on aspen for the first 3 years and Stihl synthetic for the rest, never saw a drop of anybody else's fuel can.... I'm always spot on with my fuel mixes.

As much as I think Aspen is great for personal health.... just running on 2 stroke Aspen is never gonna cure a manufacturing design flaw.

It's a common problem and more & more people will be due to find that out....
cheers, steve

I can understand your problem was a design flaw but the people that complain about hot starting issues, bogging and even saws seizing are usually down to the 2 stroke they are using

4 minutes ago, butters said:

I can understand your problem was a design flaw but the people that complain about hot starting issues, bogging and even saws seizing are usually down to the 2 stroke they are using

I think the hot starting problems come from people not using the fast idle setting.... ie, pull switch out, up into choke position, down one position... and then pull the saw.

Also, how many folk haven't run the saw continuously on full bar depth to set the autotune?

cheers, steve