MAKITA’S 18V LXT BRUSHLESS POWER CUTS WHEELBARROW EFFORT

Steve Bullman

On 2/8/2018 at 14:20, Stere said:

I like the way hes made that log pile out of scaffold poles on breeze blocks. Looks like

5a79a366d18cd_Mak1802DCU180_PipeFrameSet

EDITED;

N.B.

Amused how securely he has secured his load!

I can only imagine he is well aware of the stability issues.

tee-hee

Edited by difflock

Wheelbarrows are a peculiar thing. There's many people for which the barrow is a major part of the working day, yet rarely does anyone spend any money on one.

My barrow was made by fort (marketed as belle -from the cement mixers- in the UK) and cost about £120.
Every time someone uses my barrow, they'll agree that it's the nicest barrow to use. But I've yet to see another one in use somewhere.
This Makita looks flimsy, unstable and awkward to use.
And it's about £700. Without batteries or charger...

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 07:24, Daniël Bos said:

Wheelbarrows are a peculiar thing. There's many people for which the barrow is a major part of the working day, yet rarely does anyone spend any money on one.

My barrow was made by fort (marketed as belle -from the cement mixers- in the UK) and cost about £120.
Every time someone uses my barrow, they'll agree that it's the nicest barrow to use. But I've yet to see another one in use somewhere.
This Makita looks flimsy, unstable and awkward to use.
And it's about £700. Without batteries or charger...

I might be in the market for a new barrow, and £120 is only twice my budget!  Why do you like that belle one so much? I don't really have the experience with barrows to know what to look for, just that some I like, and some are worse than carrying the stuff in a rucksack.

The woodland where I volunteer has just acquired a new arbor-trolley, which may end up being "stored" in the back of my truck.  Just bragging.

Looks like a bit of overdesign to me, it would be better to design one where the wheel is closer to the middle of the loading fulcrum so it didn't take so much effort to lift it. The single wheel design is such that it allows the barrow to be steered around corners more easily then a two wheeled version......well that's my opinion!

I think modern man has become a bit whimpish and baulks at a bit of heavy lifting - think I would man up rather than spend £700 on a barrow!