7.5 ton iveco

jmac

Basically I'm looking for something that can carry the 3 ton digger and grab and tow the safetrack on the ifor tipper at the same time to save doing two runs? It's quite rural here in Argyll so I can be travelling 50 plus miles from the yard for work! Chip can usually be left on site or tipped somewhere local to the job.

1 hour ago, donnk said:

not completely true

if you have b+e on an old licence you have no limit on the weight you can tow, the plated train weight of the tug is the only limit.

Do you mean b+e on my original paper licence? 

29 minutes ago, roseyweb said:

annoyingly if you go above a 7.5 tonner like my 11 you need a class 1 which was a pain in the arse to get 

mine is same size as 7.5 only i can brim it and you would't get away with a big crane like mine on a 7.5

id take offers around 14 for it 

full mot 

also got two big 29" air horns now so you can toot toot at the haters 

Surely worth more with air horns like that ?. Are you just upgrading? More photos? 

2 hours ago, jmac said:

Ok so what can I drive with this?

IMG_20180205_083852.jpg

Not enough.

You can drive a 7.5 with a 750kg trailer

you can drive a lighter vehicle with a heavier trailer but then won't be able to carry the digger

But.... How about doing it the other way around? put the chipper on a truck like a heavy iveco van, tow the digger on an ultralight trailer. then you'd be ok with the license you have now. You'd have to find a van that can tow 3.5t (i believe the iveco's can?) and can weigh 4750 and carry the 2000kg chipper

18 minutes ago, Daniël Bos said:

Not enough.

You can drive a 7.5 with a 750kg trailer

you can drive a lighter vehicle with a heavier trailer but then won't be able to carry the digger

But.... How about doing it the other way around? put the chipper on a truck like a heavy iveco van, tow the digger on an ultralight trailer. then you'd be ok with the license you have now. You'd have to find a van that can tow 3.5t (i believe the iveco's can?) and can weigh 4750 and carry the 2000kg chipper

I don't think there is an easy way..

Just do the C1+ E training... then you can drive a 7.5 tonner with the 3.5 ton trailer..

Assuming you have your Operators licence..  Or go down the agri route.. with a mog?  

6 hours ago, jmac said:

Ok so what can I drive with this?

IMG_20180205_083852.jpg

like i said earlier, you can tow any size of trailer (5 tons or more) with B + E its much more flexible than C1+E

you are only limited by the max train weight on the tug vehicle plate.

tBvhQma.png

• Like 1

Having been in France a number of years but kept my U.K licence, I decided to exchange for a French licence when we leased the 7.2t.

Even though the licences are E.U there are nuances from country to country.

As a result, I have automatically been given the full 12t gross train weight rights without needing to pass any further tests.

Ty

• Thanks 1