7.5 ton iveco

jmac

Im thinking about buying an iveco 7.5 ton tipper truck, anyone running one want to tell me if they are any good? Would it be able to take a three ton digger in the back and tow a safetrack 1928 legally ?

It all depends what body you have on it as the arb body Iveco’s I’ve driven are just under 5.5ton over the bridge empty but with kit in. So only leaving a 2 ton payload. If you have the right license I’d opt for a 10 or 12 tonner as you would also be legal with a full load of chip. Hope this helps Chris.

3 minutes ago, Mulcherman Chris said:

It all depends what body you have on it as the arb body Iveco’s I’ve driven are just under 5.5ton over the bridge empty but with kit in. So only leaving a 2 ton payload. If you have the right license I’d opt for a 10 or 12 tonner as you would also be legal with a full load of chip. Hope this helps Chris.

That seems heavy our Man TGL 8.180 with full alloy body ,roof and barn doors weighs in at just under 4.5 tonnes.

no  kit lockers .but I wouldn’t think these would add 1 tonne.

That seems heavy our Man TGL 8.180 with full alloy body ,roof and barn doors weighs in at just under 4.5 tonnes.
no  kit lockers .but I wouldn’t think these would add 1 tonne.

IVECO are renowned for being slightly heavier than others but also the ones I have driven have steel bodies with a full width locker in the front loaded with saws and other kit.

22 hours ago, jmac said:

Im thinking about buying an iveco 7.5 ton tipper truck, anyone running one want to tell me if they are any good? Would it be able to take a three ton digger in the back and tow a safetrack 1928 legally ?

Don't make the mistake I did, I bought an ex tarmac one, not only did the insulated floor add 3" to the loading height but it had extra springs which raised it further. Okay for machine loading or chipping into but  pig to throw logs into.

We had no trouble with it mechanically but I wasn't keen on the auto box as it was too high in first for pulling away from junctions.

Edited by openspaceman
missed a bit

We had an old steel bodied daf 7.5 ton tipper, that had a payload of 3.5 ton. I would have thought with a modern 7.5 ton truck and a lightweight body you could get near to 4 ton payload. As Chris has pointed out lockers and a highsided arb body will eat into this payload .

Bob

• Like 1

Thanks for all your replies. I only have a pre 97 licence so was hoping to keep it to 7.5 ton but am I right in thinking I would need a class 1 licence to tow 2.9 ton ? 

That's a nice truck roseyweb, is it the same physical size as a 7.5 tonner? How much wedge?