Durable climbing gloves

AHPP

15 hours ago, AHPP said:

I’m fed up of those rubber palmed gloves that only last two climbs. Are there any good fitting leather (or another material) gloves out there that still let you clip biners etc easily?

Which brand of gloves are you using? The towa activgrip are a very good rubber palmed glove along with the pfanner fine flex. 

24 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Thanks again.

Mark_Skyland, No idea. Whatever are about a fiver from saw shops and similar.

£5 a pair should get you something decent, the ones I mentioned are just under £4.

I will post links to them below but it is worth asking in your local dealers to see if they do or can stock them. I never liked wearing gloves when climbing but the towas were the best for me. If they got caught in a prussik or zigzag they didnt rip to bits like a lot of the rubber coated gloves you can get. Never really bothered with leather as I didnt like the lack of feeling you end up with.

Towa activ grip

pfanner fine grip

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AHPP said:

Thanks but that's the sort of thing I'm trying to avoid.

I use skytec basalt r  gloves, very cheap , tenner for ten pairs , last better than other makes I've used , they are fairly thin but the rubber lining on the palms doesnt catch in your zigag or prussic , you can get the thermal version as well , but they are too thick for me for climbing 

Edited by Joe d

8 hours ago, AHPP said:

Thanks but that's the sort of thing I'm trying to avoid.

No problem, just thought you might be using some of the cheaper types where you can just pull the rubber off the gloves. Will be interested to hear of any really good positive feedback on leather gloves for tree climbing work.