Woodchip cubic mtrs?

Vespasian

What about Corletti’s M500 trailer mounted tipping trailer from the wee chipper post a while back?

im in the exact same position, one man as hobby has grown and now im stuck brashing up my trailer and chainsawing it down. I only take out the odd few branches off or maybe a few small takedowns. 

Without a tipper its bloody hard to get it off at end of day its that tight to fit an afternoons work on. 

I need a chipper so atleast i can get the stuff off easily at local allotment(much closer & free). 

Cant afford to run a tipper truck for a tow behind i’ve already got.

Any tipping trucks, tax insurance and MOT equals an ifor tipper paid for from new in about 6-7 years and cost me nothing if sat for a year. Just cant doing it yet.

Had welder out knocking up an arb trolley and thinking of more labour saving ways. 

A guy on the mig welding forum made an 8x5 tipper which you would mistake for an ifor, its that good for £1500 all in galvanised. Take a look. http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/threads/tipper-trailer.40310/

what a cool project.

Vesp, what's a TP100 chipper?  The only one I can Google is a TPO chipper in which case you won't be in a position to tow a trailer unless you have a tractor and one trailer for both chipper and chip.  The chipper mounted on the tractor would be too long for hitching the trailer beneath it for transport.

I'm way off the mark I know but what is the mark?

2 hours ago, nepia said:

Vesp, what's a TP100 chipper?  The only one I can Google is a TPO chipper in which case you won't be in a position to tow a trailer unless you have a tractor and one trailer for both chipper and chip.  The chipper mounted on the tractor would be too long for hitching the trailer beneath it for transport.

I'm way off the mark I know but what is the mark?

Ah - the portable version.

No idea if this will help but I have two options for chip and chipper transport.

For small amounts I chip into the greedy-boarded Navara and put the chipper (Jo Beau M300) on a small Brenderup trailer that has a max load capacity of 400kg.  That works well as the ramps are a snug fit between the sides of the chipper and the trailer and between back and front of trailer.

For larger amounts I carry the chipper on the pickup and chip into an 8'x5' cage sided Brian James trailer with a trampoline side net clipped over the cages.  That allows me to carry about 3m³ of chip as the trailer tailgate is only half height.

Any ideas for you there or just one minute of your life you won't get back?!

14 minutes ago, nepia said:

Ah - the portable version.

No idea if this will help but I have two options for chip and chipper transport.

For small amounts I chip into the greedy-boarded Navara and put the chipper (Jo Beau M300) on a small Brenderup trailer that has a max load capacity of 400kg.  That works well as the ramps are a snug fit between the sides of the chipper and the trailer and between back and front of trailer.

For larger amounts I carry the chipper on the pickup and chip into an 8'x5' cage sided Brian James trailer with a trampoline side net clipped over the cages.  That allows me to carry about 3m³ of chip as the trailer tailgate is only half height.

Any ideas for you there or just one minute of your life you won't get back?!

I've a 8*5 tipper myself..  but I can't fit the chipper in my veto..   I've also got a small trailer I can run the chipper onto but its a pain in the arse pulling it on..  I tend to shiver at thought of the hassle involved..

I was looking at a trailer on ebay with winch fitted..  that could work I suppose..  

My ideal set up would be jo beua 500 if it fitted into the back of a veto..  but costs..  take me years to get my money back..

Not thats thats ever bothered me mind..  lost count of the equipment I've bought over the years that I simply must have, only to find I hardly use it once I have it...

Your chipper does look a tad awkward to pull on ramps but my Jo Beau (145kg) is halfway up the ramps with my feet still on the ground.  I then step up onto the trailer backwards and pull it the rest of the way up from there.  I have the 8' folding ramps from The Ramp People.