Woodchip cubic mtrs?

Vespasian

14 minutes ago, ostosix said:

So Nepia, if your larger option is 3m cube  what sort of work does that equate to? Any pics would be great.

I haven't done any chipping as yet so got no idea. Id be keeping anything above 3 inch for fire wood.

The top half of a 40' Leyland produced one and a half trailers plus about 1/4 of a pickup of firewood (>3" like you though some bigger stuff went through the chipper to try and increase the wood:green ratio.

I run a jobeau M500 in a 12 foot twin wheel trailer, I just section off a corner for the chipper with weldmesh, load the front part up with chip and then timber around it. Behind the landy payload is up to 1.8 tonnes so I don't run overweight.
For pruning, small removal type jobs it is fine, you have to cut several garden type trees down to get even 2 cubic metres if you stop at 3" for firewood. Conifers are worst, lots of heavy green chip and people less likely to keep the wood.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting cs100 this weekend so I'm hoping to make my own sides  high enough to get a decent load of chip in with greenmech in the back as well. Trailer is 2.5m x1.5m so will look at 1.25m extentions and try some form of length way divider so shouldn't effect nose with only chipper. Towed by disco 3 on 2000gros trailer, will probably have 1250kg payload for chip as trailer (ifor eurolight) is about 500kg.

Cant afford larger trailer just yet.

On 02/05/2018 at 23:23, openspaceman said:

No that's why tippers are ubiquitous

That sounds like a challenge, I've only done it with a smaller amount in a pug 504 pick up but will try to see if the boss lets me lay a tarp on the canter floor on the next job he's booked me for, May 24th.

Unfortunately I have been cancelled for this job as the boss's truck exhaust fell off and it will now be done without my assistance next week, I had the plastic woven sheet and rope in the car ready to try but will have to find another way to demonstrate the principle.

That's Three jobs this week I've had cancelled

1) because the Dipso lady with the overgrown garden I recovered last season can't cope with visitors so the bramble growth will take over all the lawn.

2) the canter I arranged to borrow to move some logs didn't come back from repairers in time and now is back on roofing work

3) Boss's truck exhaust problem

It makes retirement even more relaxing than I intended