Transaw 350 reviews

Steve2011

Do a search,  there are several reviews here but going back a while.  Its main competitor is the Posch 360.      I have seen transaw,  its very heavy so you will need something decent to move it,  but all hydraulic driven so no belts to wear.   Personally I like the splitter knife set up better than the 360.   Dont think I have ever seen a bad review of either of the two.

A

• 4 weeks later...
Do a search,  there are several reviews here but going back a while.  Its main competitor is the Posch 360.      I have seen transaw,  its very heavy so you will need something decent to move it,  but all hydraulic driven so no belts to wear.   Personally I like the splitter knife set up better than the 360.   Dont think I have ever seen a bad review of either of the two.

A

Iam running a transaw 350 xls spec, it’s been faultless, it’s built tough, it has not been paired back to be lightweight like some of the competition, it’s just tough and very well polished, it works with a wide range of timbers, however it has really come into its own the last year since i have been feeding it optimal timber through a new 8/4/2 way knife that fuelwood kindly sorted out, cannot fault the transaw it really is very fast, and is great to use, maintenance is minimal and will last for years, as well as 10 inch logs, also cut the blanks for the kindling machine, and 550mm boiler logs for biomass, service from the lads at fuelwood is second to none, if you take the plunge you won’t look back. i did some posts on here with a load of photos when we did the 8 way knife, let me know if u have any questions, good luck [emoji106]
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 01/03/2018 at 03:40, Bustergasket said:

Iam running a transaw 350 xls spec, it’s been faultless, it’s built tough, it has not been paired back to be lightweight like some of the competition, it’s just tough and very well polished, it works with a wide range of timbers, however it has really come into its own the last year since i have been feeding it optimal timber through a new 8/4/2 way knife that fuelwood kindly sorted out, cannot fault the transaw it really is very fast, and is great to use, maintenance is minimal and will last for years, as well as 10 inch logs, also cut the blanks for the kindling machine, and 550mm boiler logs for biomass, service from the lads at fuelwood is second to none, if you take the plunge you won’t look back. i did some posts on here with a load of photos when we did the 8 way knife, let me know if u have any questions, good luck emoji106.png

Hi bustergasket 

thanks for your info I took the plunge and I must say I am very impressed. I am still getting use to the machine but I am getting quicker haven't had a full day on it yet and in time I can see the potential of the output. The 8 way knife is fab really nice size logs. The only problem I have is that the sawdust is in the air when cutting. Wonder if you use any extraction?

Hey Steve, that’s great, i have removed the lower section of the guard/ shoot at the rear of the machine, i found it improves it lots as it helps the sawdust get away, however mines electric so no tractor to consider, obviously removing guards is not ideal but the blade is still fully covered just don’t put your arm up there as you will find the blade ! if you wanted the guard in place then fuelwood sell a great chip extractor which is probably the best solution, what year is the transaw ? and are you running it with a hydraulic deck ? you are correct the 8 way on 9 inch to 14 inch is just super like you say great size logs and a good variation in size, have u got the variable speed ? if you have then once you get to grips with that you will be liking it even more, worth getting a spare roll of reflective tape as eventually you will need to replace that, i get a year or two but then it seems to degrade quick, this time i just replaced a section at around 8-10 inch mark, mines outside in full sun, that cannot help, let us know how you get on and if you need any pointers just shout up, [emoji106]

6 hours ago, Bustergasket said:

Hey Steve, that’s great, i have removed the lower section of the guard/ shoot at the rear of the machine, i found it improves it lots as it helps the sawdust get away, however mines electric so no tractor to consider, obviously removing guards is not ideal but the blade is still fully covered just don’t put your arm up there as you will find the blade ! if you wanted the guard in place then fuelwood sell a great chip extractor which is probably the best solution, what year is the transaw ? and are you running it with a hydraulic deck ? you are correct the 8 way on 9 inch to 14 inch is just super like you say great size logs and a good variation in size, have u got the variable speed ? if you have then once you get to grips with that you will be liking it even more, worth getting a spare roll of reflective tape as eventually you will need to replace that, i get a year or two but then it seems to degrade quick, this time i just replaced a section at around 8-10 inch mark, mines outside in full sun, that cannot help, let us know how you get on and if you need any pointers just shout up, emoji106.png

I will try that to day with the shoot, I was told the jappa extractor will get blocked up and to go for a woodchip blower but I stretch my budget with the transaw. I not fussed if the sawdust is on the floor just want the dust kept down as the machine is under cover. It is brand new with electric motor and an ex-demo 3 chain deck. Variable speed is the saw speed? Just raised it up on Monday to make it easier to clean underneath. will get some tape and a spare blade in the next couple of months

and many thanks.

Ok i can see if you are in a building the sawdust is prob best dealt with via extraction, when i opened up the guarding at the rear the dust just gets blown away but that suits as iam outside, yes variable speed on the cut stroke is great when you get it dialled in, yours will have all the latest little tweaks so you should get on really well with that, top job [emoji106]