My splicing attempts

old snake

Yea Drew is on it.. Its just camo blaze basically. I did both ends of the strop but the second one was a bitch to bury cos i milked a bit too much cover off the core before starting the other end.. Blisters through the gloves :)

hey craig i presume youre not doing the used rope splice instructions by samson?? if not, soak in water, flex the throat like crazy, milk the throat backwards, shock load it, a bit of olive oil may help, rubber mallet and so on. sometimes there just a bitch. what colour was the core? whens its brown you know its going to trouble but ultimately still do able :)

hey drew, thanks for the info yeah was a bit brown when I pulled it out, even after a wash. Yeah just doing standard splice, thought it wasn't going to be too bad haha so much for that. So yeah going to be a bit of bitch to say the least, but will try a bit of olive oil this weekend and soaking it in water, will chuck some picks up when I get it done :)

Cheers bro