Vox AC 30 .

Stubby

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I have a vague recollection that its 1960 something??

cheers, steve

If it is then it will have the top boost channel and be worth silly money !  Check out the bay for some of those sixty's amps ........There is a 1961 4 input in fawn ...£9,995...

Edited by Stubby

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

If it is then it will have the top boost channel and be worth silly money !  Check out the bay for some of those sixty's amps .

It's got a top boost controls built into the back but not sure if that's an additional mod to standard top boost on the top controls?

The sound is amazing and unfortunately our terraced house neighbours don't appreciate it like I do. lol

cheers. steve

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

It's got a top boost controls built into the back but not sure if that's an additional mod to standard top boost on the top controls?

The sound is amazing and unfortunately our terraced house neighbours don't appreciate it like I do. lol

cheers. steve

One like yours £2,500 ......

9 minutes ago, Stubby said:

If it is then it will have the top boost channel and be worth silly money !  Check out the bay for some of those sixty's amps ........There is a 1961 4 input in fawn ...£9,995...

That's just ridiculous money.

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

That's just ridiculous money.

Yea is a bit !  That is a rare model though . Your point to point hand wired 60s model seem to go between 2.5 K and 3,5 K . The good thing about my more modern variant is the addition of a master volume  so you can drive the valves hard to get that break up but it all happens at lower volumes . :001_smile:

Edited by Stubby

28 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Yea is a bit !  That is a rare model though . Your point to point hand wired 60s model seem to go between 2.5 K and 3,5 K . The good thing about my more modern variant is the addition of a master volume  so you can drive the valves hard to get that break up but it all happens at lower volumes . :001_smile:

The good thing about the old ones is that you don't need to light the fire or put on the central heating! ;)

cheers, Steve 

• Haha 1

Now you both have made me sad and nostalgic!  

I went to see Rory Gallagher at the Corn Exchange in King's Lynn in about 1970 and it was amazing how he filled that great room with the sound of his AC30.  East of Eden were the support band.

So I bought an old AC30 some time in the late 1970s and had some fun with it and the Strat.

Unfortunately it was one of the many casualties of my massive 1991 burglary along with the 1968 left hand maple neck sunburst strat.  I put my postcode in several hidden places on that guitar hoping that perhaps some guitar repair shop might just inform me.  Alas no such identification on the Vox.

Aaaaah  the warmth of valves and the fullness of analogue!