Any bargains out there . . .

difflock

Being near 60 years of age and recently retired, after 32 years, with "cutting sticks" as a lifetime hobby;

So I got my tractor(s),

PTO winch,

crappy, but sufficient forwarding trailer,

PTO 17 tonne vertical log-splitter,

PTO  rocking cradle cross cut saw and elevator.

To process mostly windthrown Sitka and Lodgepole.

I am in the process of buying a 8-13 tonne tracked digger, and will prob also source a fixed grab and a set of 200-300mm tree shears for wor digger.

So?

What am I missing?

Marcusthehat

Edited by difflock

4 hours ago, difflock said:

Being near 60 years of age and recently retired, after 32 years, with "cutting sticks" as a lifetime hobby;

So I got my tractor(s),

PTO winch,

crappy, but sufficient forwarding trailer,

PTO 17 tonne vertical log-splitter,

PTO  rocking cradle cross cut saw and elevator.

To process mostly windthrown Sitka and Lodgepole.

I am in the process of buying a 8-13 tonne tracked digger, and will prob also source a fixed grab and a set of 200-300mm tree shears for wor digger.

So?

What am I missing?

Marcusthehat

if you want a quote on any of the Intermercato Grabs and Shears just DM me, I supply a few now at competitive prices and know how to spec them.

Eddie.

• Like 1

if you want a quote on any of the Intermercato Grabs and Shears just DM me, I supply a few now at competitive prices and know how to spec them.

Eddie.
Sorry to derail slightly but do you have any recommendations or avoidance list for swinging tilting shear grabs as thinking of getting one for the forwarding trailer to clear roadside and trackside regen without having men on the road cutting and chipping.

48 minutes ago, Gray git said:
2 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

Eddie.

Sorry to derail slightly but do you have any recommendations or avoidance list for swinging tilting shear grabs as thinking of getting one for the forwarding trailer to clear roadside and trackside regen without having men on the road cutting and chipping.

I'm have great success with the Mecanil, fantastic quality and really incredible performance, however that's a saw type.

I was at Wilson's dropping something off and had a look over the JAK range of Shears and I liked them. Just by coincidence a guy with a Kubota asked me my thoughts on them the following week and I said I'd have no issue in going with one, he's been delighted with his since.

A long way around saying maybe have a look at this one, it caught my eye as just about as straightforward way of doing whats required as possible and that's usually the best way.

Eddie.

I'm have great success with the Mecanil, fantastic quality and really incredible performance, however that's a saw type.
I was at Wilson's dropping something off and had a look over the JAK range of Shears and I liked them. Just by coincidence a guy with a Kubota asked me my thoughts on them the following week and I said I'd have no issue in going with one, he's been delighted with his since.
A long way around saying maybe have a look at this one, it caught my eye as just about as straightforward way of doing whats required as possible and that's usually the best way.

Eddie.
Thanks, simple is good. The jak is very similar to the nisula I have already priced up so will be taking to wilsons shortly about this as hadn't actually realised they sold them even though I'd said to Simon I was thinking of fitting one to the botex.

17 minutes ago, Gray git said:
50 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Eddie.

Read more  

Thanks, simple is good. The jak is very similar to the nisula I have already priced up so will be taking to wilsons shortly about this as hadn't actually realised they sold them even though I'd said to Simon I was thinking of fitting one to the botex.

They perhaps just concentrate on the Shears for Excavators, but quality from them looks good and there may be a deal to be had. I'd say Nisula would be well up any list.

Be good to see how you get on, should be a great setup.

Eddie.

38 minutes ago, difflock said:

see link;

http://www.brianscottengineering.co.uk/sub-products/tree-shear

since this firm is dead local, I would prob give their product a serious look, and for my little more than hobby use, prob OK.

They manufacture Hardlife equipment so those shears are what you’d pay a fair whack more for if bought through the Bucket Warehouse. I’ve yet to hear from anyone who’s actually used one or seen one in operation though!

Since I have been used to visiting the factory and wandering around, I will take a long hard look, and ask re other local purchasers, I know their buckets are good enough/tough enough for some serious diggers, and they have been steadily expanding this 30 odd years.

Classically a firm still young enough to still be able to meet and talk to the owner, who I imagine is about every day, or was.

Despite being an agricultural area, or perhaps exactly because of the agric background, we are surrounded by such SME family run engineering businesses, covering a wide spectrum of engineering needs.

But perhaps no area/region is any different.

mth