Simarghu Harness

Treerover

9ae31c173d52d9d39eb4b869f8f4dd89.jpg

Now, I know I’ve asked this quezzie before when these harnesses came out, but now they’ve been around for a little while, is anyone using one in the field ??

I’m desperate to replace my Treemotion which has been exceptional , but a change is always refreshing ........as long as it’s for the better.

• Like 1

I was given a full sales pitch of this harness by the man who designed it and has promoted it for the last couple of Arbshows.Craig Johnson is the man and knows his apples when it comes to Tree climbing and equiptment.I had a go of it too during the demo.It a nice leap ahead for harness design,comfort and userbilillty.

I found the twisting of the bridge a bit tricky to get used to.

I tend to use the limits of the bridge when in awkward positions.  I get into the same positions in a Simarghu and then got to lean into the harness and the bridge twists leaving me off balance.

It is a bit hard to put into words.

• Like 3

Like rich said, or tried to say :lol:

plus I found those massive armchair looking leg pads nipped my thigh and occasionally extremely uncomfortable, something I’ve never experienced with the TM. There were a few other niggles but the twisting and the pads were the main ones

@silky fox i remember thinking it’d perhaps suit the more sturdy, just got into the job at 40, type climber who’s not jumping around trees.

But unlike Rich, I diddnt give it a long tryout (diddnt want to tbh, just wanted my tm back!)

• Like 2

Our female apprentice tryed the lady's version and didn't like the feel at all, although not an experienced climber she has tryed quite a few harnesses at collage and just didn't gell with it and ended up getting a petzl.
I quite like the look of the big leg pads as I climb in a new tribe harness that has these and find them very comfortable.

• Like 1