Does no one want to sell anything?

Woodworks

13 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Oh behave you lot. I had one of those hilux, nice truck at the time but couldn’t pull much.

Since then I’ve had a hilux 2.4td very nice but some turbo lag.

Navara, very good, poky. No complaints.

Land Rover 300tdi, don’t get me going on that!

Ford Ranger (the Mazda rebadge) brilliant, one of the best.

New Ford Ranger. 145 hp, great tow tug. Pull a 2t machine no bother, you wouldn’t get top gear in the old hilux 2.4d. Economical as well.

You lot should get some Commer vans, they were good I hear :)

BB7091E9-7C79-40CD-A807-C9AE2F527629.jpeg

I've got a 16 year old B2500 Mazda.

Decent truck, but it's screaming at 3,000rpm on the motorway and lacks power towing. 

That said is super reliable...

20170328_163101.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have a clogged up EGR valve on my Hyundai, it is a pointless part. That is going to cost £1000 to fix.. My old school mechanic  has locked it open and tricked the ECU into thinking limp mode is full power and it drives fine.. But the engine light is now always on so have to go to a main dealer to replace it.  They require a diagnostics check £100 to tell me it is the EGR valve...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matthew Storrs said:

I doubt it! But in any case you’d have to come back to me in 10-20 years time when we know the longevity of all this modern junk being pumped out!

We bought a fancy expensive dyson cordless v8 pet hair sucking vacuum cleaner. It’s a complete load of plasticy rubbish that couldn’t suck the skin of a rice pudding and if it did it would only jam up. It hangs on the wall now as a reminder to myself never to get tricked into buying such nonsense ever again whilst I use our 10 year old Henry.

just to show it’s not just the Arb world that suffers from this!

Heretic!  Dyson will get us through Brexit!  Great British engineering (direct from Malaysia!)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Depends what you want out of life. I don’t trust a tractor squeezing 120hp out of a little 3 cylinder engine. Unfortunately when it’s comes to 4x4s they seem to be catered for the throwaway lifestylers, with working folk who depend on them for a living somewhat becoming an afterthought.

That's tax policy driving manufacturing for you right there....

Lower the emissions, lower the tax class.  Keep it 'commercial' and appeal to the self employed builder set...  Bought as a commercial, used as a family car - just like the majority of vans driving around Cornwall, beds, cookers and cupboards in the back - jobs a guid 'un!

42 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Oh behave you lot. I had one of those hilux, nice truck at the time but couldn’t pull much.

Since then I’ve had a hilux 2.4td very nice but some turbo lag.

Navara, very good, poky. No complaints.

Land Rover 300tdi, don’t get me going on that!

Ford Ranger (the Mazda rebadge) brilliant, one of the best.

New Ford Ranger. 145 hp, great tow tug. Pull a 2t machine no bother, you wouldn’t get top gear in the old hilux 2.4d. Economical as well.

You lot should get some Commer vans, they were good I hear :)

BB7091E9-7C79-40CD-A807-C9AE2F527629.jpeg

Surf boards and some leggy blondes in the back, roll up a phat one...  Happy daze!

1 minute ago, Khriss said:

But Kev ! British House'persons'  demand easier hoovering - yr a vile heretic who should be in the stocks ! Now pass me my firebrand an some pickforks ...if you would be so kind , K

Apparently, there are 2 Dyson hoovers in the hoose, one hand held and one upright - I wouldn't know exactly 'cause I wouldn't use the 'king appliance while married!  I've got a Henry for the boiler and the fire places, everything else is "if she says she needs it, who am I to argue" sort of scenario...  She just got a new washing machine, I'm guessing it's got more RAM than an early space shuttle, it 'adjusts' it's cycle time according to the weight of the load apparently....  I can't even 'look' at it, scary beast of a thing!

Back on subject, the Dyson upright did go TU, but apparently, they have a life-time guarantee.  She phoned up, they talked, it was replaced - bosh! (no, that's the washing machine...)  The Dyson hoover sends text messages to her phone telling her when to clean the filter apparently....  How lazy is that?  

Seriously, I don't know how they fill their days in the modern era.  Anyone got a mangle for sale....?    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Apparently, there are 2 Dyson hoovers in the hoose, one hand held and one upright - I wouldn't know exactly 'cause I wouldn't use the 'king appliance while married!  I've got a Henry for the boiler and the fire places, everything else is "if she says she needs it, who am I to argue" sort of scenario...  She just got a new washing machine, I'm guessing it's got more RAM than an early space shuttle, it 'adjusts' it's cycle time according to the weight of the load apparently....  I can't even 'look' at it, scary beast of a thing!

Back on subject, the Dyson upright did go TU, but apparently, they have a life-time guarantee.  She phoned up, they talked, it was replaced - bosh! (no, that's the washing machine...)  The Dyson hoover sends text messages to her phone telling her when to clean the filter apparently....  How lazy is that?  

Seriously, I don't know how they fill their days in the modern era.  Anyone got a mangle for sale....?    

That post makes me think of Prince Phillips quote; A few years ago, everybody was saying we must have more leisure, everyone’s working too much. Now everybody’s got more leisure time they’re complaining they’re unemployed. People don’t seem to make up their minds what they want.”

• Haha 1