Does no one want to sell anything?

Woodworks

58 minutes ago, Stephen Blair said:

I had the same with a Toyota. Test drove a Hilux, gave all the details, gave him my trade in details. Contacted them twice to sort out money. Never heard back.

That’s just so bizarre. I get that they get tyre kickers and dreamers, but to get to the point where your about to give them the money and they’re still not bothered!

i wonder if they all try to be too competetive for their own good- and the mark up/commision is so low it’s barely worth the hassle, I really can’t think of any other reason?

• Like 1

Had a pile of machinery woes a short time back and starting looking at tractors and dedicated loaders. Contacted two suppliers of Kubota and two for Ausa. Never heard a dicky bird from any of them [emoji37]      A 5th firm did get back to me but said their tractor would not be up to the job. 

Are they all making so much money they dont want the business? Maybe they only want to sell the top end gear but it seems bazar that you dont hear back from these firms. Still not sorted machinery wise and may just make do but if someone had come back to me when I was desperate they may well have made an on the spot sale. You hear the economy is doing surprisingly well and realise if firms would pull their finger out they could do a whole lot better.
Can I ask what your looking to buy and spend? I have found people only want to sell you stuff that's over priced or get you on a finance plan for something out of your budget.

Think everyone is scrabbling round for every penny and there's hardly any decent second hand kit around.

58 minutes ago, mitchel said:

Can I ask what your looking to buy and spend? I have found people only want to sell you stuff that's over priced or get you on a finance plan for something out of your budget.

Think everyone is scrabbling round for every penny and there's hardly any decent second hand kit around.

Fairly well covered in this thread 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Ah yes Toyota. Not quite the same but it went like this

Hi I am interested in a new basic spec single cab Hilux

"come on down to the showroom"

have you got a single cab in stock?

"no"

Can you get one in for me to see?

"no"

Can I test drive a twin cab with the basic spec engine?

"no"

Can you get one in?

"no"

Anything with basic spec interior?

"no"

What have you got?

Twincab invinciples.

Foolishly Toyota UK sent me a satisfaction survey some time later. I told them what I thought :2gunsfiring_v1:

Snows Plymouth?  You may have dodged a bullet there too!

2 months late on delivery date.

Refused to accept defect with forward facing camera, until Toyota issued an upgrade.

Rear cab lock defect - then in for fix - then back in for complete cab replacement.

First service which should have included and was charged for adblu top-up.  200m later, adblu warning light comes on because they hadn't topped it up.

Jet washed after first service (Nov 17) noticed paint stripped off under body.  Row with service manager (who was a Richard), spoke to manager, got it recognised and rework agreed, STILL waiting for them to call me to arrange.  I'll leave in a while longer then Mr Angry is going into the showroom....

Truly dreadful service.....  Best thing I can say, at least it's not a DMAX!  

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe

11 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Snows Plymouth?  You may have dodged a bullet there too!

2 months late on delivery date.

Refused to accept defect with forward facing camera, until Toyota issued an upgrade.

Rear cab lock defect - then in for fix - then back in for complete cab replacement.

First service which should have included and was charged for adblu top-up.  200m later, adblu warning light comes on because they hadn't topped it up.

Jet washed after first service (Nov 17) noticed paint stripped off under body.  Row with service manager (who was a Richard), spoke to manager, got it recognised and rework agreed, STILL waiting for them to call me to arrange.  I'll leave in a while longer then Mr Angry is going into the showroom....

Truly dreadful service.....  Best thing I can say, at least it's not a DMAX!  

Oh no! Thought you would be safe with a Hilux. Hope your problems get sorted and it works out OK in the long run. Got to say I cant fault my 2009 Hilux. Just been for it's MOT on 120K and it needed a new bulb and that was it.

Yes it was the delightful Snows who were utterly hopeless. 

Is it just me. But there seems to be a sort of golden era where kit- be it chainsaws, trucks, tractors, etc sort of peaked at a sweet spot, where it was modern and efficient enough, nice to use but lacked the cost cutting, the troublesome ‘green’ engine/low emmisons era and the way in which new kit now just seems to be so overly complicated with a constant flow of stories of stuff having to go back to dealers time and time again.

i think I’d set the golden era at 2000-2010, after which In general stuff seems to be steadily going downhill in the name of economising.

moral of the story- if you have equipment in my self set golden era, do yourself and your wallet a favour and hang on to it- keep it going and save yourself a load of grief.

cue stories of how folks latest toys are so much better than the old ones!!