Does no one want to sell anything?

Woodworks

Had a pile of machinery woes a short time back and starting looking at tractors and dedicated loaders. Contacted two suppliers of Kubota and two for Ausa. Never heard a dicky bird from any of them :S      A 5th firm did get back to me but said their tractor would not be up to the job. 

Are they all making so much money they dont want the business? Maybe they only want to sell the top end gear but it seems bazar that you dont hear back from these firms. Still not sorted machinery wise and may just make do but if someone had come back to me when I was desperate they may well have made an on the spot sale. You hear the economy is doing surprisingly well and realise if firms would pull their finger out they could do a whole lot better.

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Woodworks said:

Had a pile of machinery woes a short time back and starting looking at tractors and dedicated loaders. Contacted two suppliers of Kubota and two for Ausa. Never heard a dicky bird from any of them :S      A 5th firm did get back to me but said their tractor would not be up to the job. 

Are they all making so much money they dont want the business? Maybe they only want to sell the top end gear but it seems bazar that you dont hear back from these firms. Still not sorted machinery wise and may just make do but if someone had come back to me when I was desperate they may well have made an on the spot sale. You hear the economy is doing surprisingly well and realise if firms would pull their finger out they could do a whole lot better.

For Ausa or Antonio Carraro try Kirkland https://kirklanduk.com/ one of my mates used to work there, they're a nice bunch.

57 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Iv never experienced this from dealers myself- almost the other toss of the coin. 

Beau did you try plant and engineering services Exeter, they are ausa dealers and I found them very responsive when looking at their volvos last year...

Yep. They picked up my missed call and rang to find out what I wanted then nothing once I said I wanted to spend money on kit!

1 hour ago, HuntingHicap said:

For Ausa or Antonio Carraro try Kirkland https://kirklanduk.com/ one of my mates used to work there, they're a nice bunch.

To fair they were very helpful on the phone there and then so no need for a call back but didn't have any second hand handlers or forklifts . For new I would much rather deal close to home.

Edited by Woodworks

4 minutes ago, Stephen Blair said:

I had the same with a Toyota. Test drove a Hilux, gave all the details, gave him my trade in details. Contacted them twice to sort out money. Never heard back.

Ah yes Toyota. Not quite the same but it went like this

Hi I am interested in a new basic spec single cab Hilux

"come on down to the showroom"

have you got a single cab in stock?

"no"

Can you get one in for me to see?

"no"

Can I test drive a twin cab with the basic spec engine?

"no"

Can you get one in?

"no"

Anything with basic spec interior?

"no"

What have you got?

Twincab invinciples.

Foolishly Toyota UK sent me a satisfaction survey some time later. I told them what I thought :2gunsfiring_v1:

• Like 1