New Husqvarna T525

Mark_Skyland

The little Panthers seem better - nose sprocket seems better fitting tolerance and they seem a little stiffer - but really only time will tell. I've been using one on an Echo 2511and seems fine.
Have you got them in stock now as really don't like this little carving bar it's come with, zero kick back but if it's run tight it gets very hot and run it slack it's off the tip every 5 min topping conifer.
Will give you or Lawrence a call tomorrow about it and a few others bars I could do with.

The little Panthers seem better - nose sprocket seems better fitting tolerance and they seem a little stiffer - but really only time will tell. I've been using one on an Echo 2511and seems fine.
Yep pretty much want one now. Just seized the tip of my little 150 bar......

• 1 month later...

Hi 

I bought a 525t from Skyland equipment. There sales and after sales are second to none ?

The problem I found with the 525 is the saw is designed as a professional pruning saw but does not produce the goods. A saw designed for this purpose should be small, light and produce a fine cut. Unfortunately it fails massively on the fine cut.

This saw has a 1/4 pitch chain with a 1.3 mm gauge? this doesn’t work. Any manufacturer should have researched the Stihl 150, then it would have been obvious that a 1/4 pitch and 1.1mm chain is perfect for the job.

Husqvarna please supply the 525 with a 1.1mm gauge bar so the saw is fit for purpose.

Thanks Carl 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I know someone who just bought the T525, 1.3 chain does seem grabby as mentioned above - he made me try it out to see if it's just him. I think you'd need to change to the Stihl or Panther 1.1 gauge really, but guess that's not a problem if you like the saw.

Personally the 525 is sluggish compared to my exhaust mod 150, not sure if you can also mod the 525, not heard of doing it/doesn't seem as popular.