560 fueling issue

castanea

6 minutes ago, MattyF said:

I put a large air filter and air box on a 576 with low hours .. the bottom end shat itself quite shortly afterwards.. and left me wondering if it was connected or just bad luck.

Shit that's bad news Matty .  Mind you I  don't much like the 576 . Too heavy for the power it produces . Might as well have a 385 ( 390 ) .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

If it's letting more air in it should do the opposite and weaken the mixture on any saw till the auto tune corrects the mixture.

No, because the increased airflow draws more fuel out, I gave an analogy some years ago, if you put a straw in a liquid and blow on the straw, it'll draw the liquid up the straw, which is how the carburettor works. If you increase the airflow it naturally sucks more fuel, hence why on the older (manually tuned) saws, we would often stick a carb off a larger saw on (the wider Venturi would draw less fuel) to decrease air pressure on the intake.
Stihl made multiple carbs for the contra/070/090, all with gradual increases of Venturi, so the saw could be leaned out enough to pull a larger bar.

Looking at the guide bar lengths for the 560 and 562, there's an 8" difference between the maximum length. Autotune is an extremely simple program, and knowing that there's no difference in engine speed, I guess that the main difference between the two saw's programming constraints must be the Venturi size, as pulling a larger bar on a heavier crankshaft would require a leaner mixture

Eddy I found a list of codes on I think the CDN Husqvarna site but I will check back , it was a pdf down load and proved interesting. It gives a full explanation on how the system works i.e. fuel numbers and on of the most common "faults" with the magnetic sensors. If you pm me I'll try to send it to you if you want ? I did a search of "husqvarna fault codes" and "how to read / use Husqvarna AT diagnostics"

I did not do a good job of explaining myself with regards to the running rich thing I should have said I expected a AT to run rich due to the AT over compensating unlike a  nonAT saw needing as a rule to be richened up.  I made the remarks about the little quirk my 560 has to see if anyone else has noticed any other little things, not a disscusion on how well a saw runs but to draw a conversation on how a well used day to day AT saw runs and that conversation gives us all a better understanding of this "new" type of saw as like it or not it's just how it is going to be from now on !! My understanding is that the 572 is in it's 4th generation of software before launch so maybe this conversation will be null and void soon ?? Here is to "perfect" running ..... 

Eddy I found a list of codes on I think the CDN Husqvarna site but I will check back , it was a pdf down load and proved interesting. It gives a full explanation on how the system works i.e. fuel numbers and on of the most common "faults" with the magnetic sensors. If you pm me I'll try to send it to you if you want ? I did a search of "husqvarna fault codes" and "how to read / use Husqvarna AT diagnostics"
I did not do a good job of explaining myself with regards to the running rich thing I should have said I expected a AT to run rich due to the AT over compensating unlike a  nonAT saw needing as a rule to be richened up.  I made the remarks about the little quirk my 560 has to see if anyone else has noticed any other little things, not a disscusion on how well a saw runs but to draw a conversation on how a well used day to day AT saw runs and that conversation gives us all a better understanding of this "new" type of saw as like it or not it's just how it is going to be from now on !! My understanding is that the 572 is in it's 4th generation of software before launch so maybe this conversation will be null and void soon ?? Here is to "perfect" running ..... 

If it's on the CDN, I'll find it if you say where to look.
Regarding richening mixtures on modded saws, I've only ever needed to richen on a muffler mod, porting and intake mods usually need the mixture leaning.
Gen 4 software?! What saw is gen 3? What did gen 3 autotune add, I wonder?

The 572 has by all accounts had 4 different "set" ups before it's launch , info from folk involved in testing out in the US but I don't suppose we will ever know !

I asked a couple of years ago why the 576 didn't have the "plug in" feature and was told that an updated version would have ,but, things moved on and I see the 576 and 372 XT are now gone from our model line up. 

I just did as search for fault codes and how to use Husqvarna AT and I'm sure I ended up downloading from Cdn Husqvarna site. Look last night as I was making the post but it's just the pdf no particular info.