560 fueling issue

castanea

Having issues with my 560xp. Have owned and run it for a good few years now. Has run pretty spot on the whole time. Run a 9tooth sprocket on 18" bar, full chisel.

Was snedding out some big spruce on a site a while back and it started hunting for fuel and failing to hold its revs. Went to refuel and it still had half a tank. Fired up fine and then ran for a few minutes before the same issue and it cut out. 

So I replaced the filters and fuel line in case of a split. Haven't changed the breather line out the fuel tank. Replaced av mounts as they needed it and a clutch bearing. New air filter and back out cutting today. Ran fine felling and cross cutting but when trying to hold high revs and sned out branches on a monterey cypress it started to sound lean and then cut out. Would like some advice what to check next? thanks

I'm afraid I agree with Sveriges, you have changed the airfilter and cleaned up all you can without going into the carb. I've found on dirty carbs on these it just gets hard to start and not keen to run at tickover and they seem to take a serious amount of cleaning i.e. striping maybe two three times including the "needle" module to clean trough with carb cleaner etc. 

I suspect if pluged in you would be seeing the "partial sieze" error codes 13 and 17 if I remember ? 

• 2 weeks later...

The machine is equipped with a two-stroke engineand must always be run using a mixture of gasoline andtwo-stroke oil. It is important to accurately measure theamount of oil to be mixed to ensure that the correctmixture is obtained. When mixing small amounts of fuel,even small inaccuracies can drastically affect the ratio ofthe mixture.

For best results and performance use HUSQVARNAtwo-stroke engine oil, which is specially formulated forour air-cooled two stroke-engines.

Never use two-stroke oil intended for water-cooledengines, sometimes referred to as outboard oil (ratedTCW).

Never use oil intended for four-stroke engines.

1 hour ago, Aliza29 said:

The machine is equipped with a two-stroke engineand must always be run using a mixture of gasoline andtwo-stroke oil. It is important to accurately measure theamount of oil to be mixed to ensure that the correctmixture is obtained. When mixing small amounts of fuel,even small inaccuracies can drastically affect the ratio ofthe mixture.

For best results and performance use HUSQVARNAtwo-stroke engine oil, which is specially formulated forour air-cooled two stroke-engines.

Never use two-stroke oil intended for water-cooledengines, sometimes referred to as outboard oil (ratedTCW).

Never use oil intended for four-stroke engines.

Ah . Thanks for that . :001_smile: