Worth the change?

TomoJack

Fair play- but a rough calculation says you if you go out with a 2 man team, truck chipper and usual standard tree gear- you’d be needing to clear £700 a day, after paying your groundie a decent wage and covering buisness costs you could probably pay yourself £90k if you did £700 220 days a year,

Who can honestly say they do that on a one man band operation?

Your rough calculation are rough! I aim to make 550 a day some days I make less some days I make more, some weeks I’m 3 days a week son weeks I’m 7days.

I was a lead climber on 35k a year, spent 30k on kit I now earn treble that. There is plenty of nae sayers on here as with every walk in life. Set up well advertise well and this is a great career.

2 hours ago, Macca said:

Your rough calculation are rough! I aim to make 550 a day some days I make less some days I make more, some weeks I’m 3 days a week son weeks I’m 7days.

I was a lead climber on 35k a year, spent 30k on kit I now earn treble that. There is plenty of nae sayers on here as with every walk in life. Set up well advertise well and this is a great career.

Not as rough as your accounting is starting to sound but if your saying that’s turnover then I assumed you employ a groundie at a rate you’d be happy to earn yourself, taken in to account the £30k you’ve shelled out on kit and associated depreciation, payed for all that advertising. Yard, Fuel, Maintenance, PL & EL etc. Who knows everyone’s situation is different. But I bet there isn’t a soul on this forum (aside from youself) paying themselves £90k with the above outlay @ £550 a day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Macca said:

Or maybe your out of new ideas!

Or maybe I'm just honest?

Your tale has more holes than a colander :thumbup:

First it was your wage, now its turnover for two men. First you needed a good accountant to hang on to most of your "£90K Wage" then it was 70% cash 9_9

I still make a decent living, I made more in the past, but I never took home £90K.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Macca said:

Or maybe your out of new ideas!

Skyhuck, stop paying tax, insurance, waste disposal, advertising,  maintenance and all that extra stuff take cash in hand, drive your clients to the cash point for the cash, soon you too will be on £90k...

• Haha 2

The working for other firms is a great  bit of advice. You will develop at a faster pace learning from others and get a real feel for all types of tree work. Overtime you could then start working for yourself armed with the knowledge required. As for Kingswood, there's lots more training providers out there, shop around!

Good luck