Most exciting thing you have done ?

maria warwick

2 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

That's easy Eggs. I got to read your postcard.

Surely it's time we consigned postcards to the bin of tedious bad ideas?

The whole holiday get's monopolised trying to find some good ones, and then we write some mindless drivel on the back to let people know we are where they already know we are.

Dear Son

Having a lovely time. We have been really lucky with the weather!!! Brian went to the shops and found some slippers. Tomorrow we are visiting a shop that makes it's own fudge! We'll be back to tell you all this long before you recieve this card so don't bother reading it, just stick it on the fridge for no apparent reason and then after a year or two put it in the bin where it belongs.

Lots of Love Mum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can't think of the most exiting thing I've done.. probably climbing Ben Nevis. got to the top to a snowstorm, walked about for minute or two not knowing which way was which, inched this way and that in the blizzard stopped to look about and found I was inches from falling down a one thousand foot precipice..

I soon made my way back down..  exiting but terrifying..

I suppose the next one was when I was living in a doss house a few of my friends and I sharred about twenty years back..  knock at the door!!.. answered it to find three fella's wanting to know where Paul lived.

I hadn't a clue who Paul might of been, thinking they'd got the wrong address I told em to ask next door..

Next thing is this one fella pulls out a big fkin bowie knife stabs it in my gut, just enough to let me know he was serious, not exactly sending it home..

Well I was a bit taken aback as you can imagine..  grabbed the knife to take it off him, but he had somethin of a good grip, next thing I notice is the guns..  the other two have now got out a couple of hand guns.. 

well, this is worse than I think, I'd imagined a joke in pour taste, but it looked worse than first imagined.. 

Next thing is I'm backing into the house, my friends unsure of whats going on are all sat around or stood about goin about their day..  As I and the three knob rocks enter they start shouting at everyone to get on the floor..   get on the fkin floor or we'll fkin shoot you they shout...

like a bunch of lemmings they all fling themselves on the floor, they tell me to lie on the floor..  I'm in a bit of a pickle, I ain't doin anything they say but I don't want to provoke them lest they really do start to let the lead fly.. all I could think was they'd got the wrong address and I didn't fancy getting killed on account of their mistake, so I went halfway, I knelt on the floor, like it was some sort of defiance. felt like a right tit.

one of the gunmen shouts to everyone to spread out on the floor, I hear one of my mates say he can't cause theres no more room on the floor....   hes trapped betwixt two other fella's on the floor and he's hemmed in, can't get down proper..  well at least if we get shot it'll be a comedy of blunders as we go down...

Next thing one of em puts the gut to the side of my head, pushed it into my temple and demands I point out were Paul was.. Well I fancied shoving that gun right up his arse at that moment but I'm still conflicted, surely its a wrong address and they haven't cottoned on yet, then the gun gets pressed in harder..  where's fkin Paul.

I didn't have a clue who Paul was and told em I hadn't a clue who he was..

They move around the room, asking who Paul was..  then one of em shouts out, this is him this fkers Paul..  they close in, I can't see whats going on but hear the commotion as they kick and stamp and threaten him..   touch her again and your fkin dead, they put the boot in once more.. I can hear his screams and pleas for them to stop..  don't fkin move they say as they back off and out the door..

I can hear Paul, his legs are bouncing around on the floor, I imagine brain damage, perhaps he's been booted too hard in the head...

Its all quiet, they've left..   everyone gets up and tries to make sense of whats gone on..

Paul, known to me by his nickname only, thanks me for not giving him up..   thanks nige, a proper mate you are..   the penny drops,  for fks sake, didn't even enter my head they mean't you..   

Turns out our Paul had been a naughty boy and had set about his ex miss's a few days before, she got in touch with some gangsters from Salford to sort him out..  just happened us lot were in the house when they went round to do him...

One of the other lads who lived there at the time was out when it all went off, fancied himself as a bit of a hard case, told us we should of beaten em up. easy to say that when you don't know if the guns might be used I said.. he spent the rest of the night taking the mick, saying if he was there they'd of left in body bags.. that sort of thing.. never missed an opportunity to rub it in.

A few years later he used to collect money for charity, or as truth be, collected charity money for himself..  they all weighed in at the end of the night at some warehouse in Manchester.

Well one night they got robbed, gunmen turned em over...  someone told me a day or two later, first thing I did was go round and see my mate who also ripped folk off in the same scam..  errr, what happened I said..

These gunmen got in and forced us all on the floor, they even made us empty our pockets..  Oh, and why all this was goin on what was Rob doing?..

Nothing, he handed his money over and emptied his pockets as well..   Oh did he now..  can't wait to see him!!!!..

Oh, I asked Paul what the hell was going on with his legs after they gave him a good kicking, I kept moving them from side to side he said. I thought they might kneecap me on the way out..hahahahaha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

I can't think of the most exiting thing I've done.. probably climbing Ben Nevis. got to the top to a snowstorm, walked about for minute or two not knowing which way was which, inched this way and that in the blizzard stopped to look about and found I was inches from falling down a one thousand foot precipice..

I soon made my way back down..  exiting but terrifying..

I suppose the next one was when I was living in a doss house a few of my friends and I sharred about twenty years back..  knock at the door!!.. answered it to find three fella's wanting to know where Paul lived.

I hadn't a clue who Paul might of been, thinking they'd got the wrong address I told em to ask next door..

Next thing is this one fella pulls out a big fkin bowie knife stabs it in my gut, just enough to let me know he was serious, not exactly sending it home..

Well I was a bit taken aback as you can imagine..  grabbed the knife to take it off him, but he had somethin of a good grip, next thing I notice is the guns..  the other two have now got out a couple of hand guns.. 

well, this is worse than I think, I'd imagined a joke in pour taste, but it looked worse than first imagined.. 

Next thing is I'm backing into the house, my friends unsure of whats going on are all sat around or stood about goin about their day..  As I and the three knob rocks enter they start shouting at everyone to get on the floor..   get on the fkin floor or we'll fkin shoot you they shout...

like a bunch of lemmings they all fling themselves on the floor, they tell me to lie on the floor..  I'm in a bit of a pickle, I ain't doin anything they say but I don't want to provoke them lest they really do start to let the lead fly.. all I could think was they'd got the wrong address and I didn't fancy getting killed on account of their mistake, so I went halfway, I knelt on the floor, like it was some sort of defiance. felt like a right tit.

one of the gunmen shouts to everyone to spread out on the floor, I hear one of my mates say he can't cause theres no more room on the floor....   hes trapped betwixt two other fella's on the floor and he's hemmed in, can't get down proper..  well at least if we get shot it'll be a comedy of blunders as we go down...

Next thing one of em puts the gut to the side of my head, pushed it into my temple and demands I point out were Paul was.. Well I fancied shoving that gun right up his arse at that moment but I'm still conflicted, surely its a wrong address and they haven't cottoned on yet, then the gun gets pressed in harder..  where's fkin Paul.

I didn't have a clue who Paul was and told em I hadn't a clue who he was..

They move around the room, asking who Paul was..  then one of em shouts out, this is him this fkers Paul..  they close in, I can't see whats going on but hear the commotion as they kick and stamp and threaten him..   touch her again and your fkin dead, they put the boot in once more.. I can hear his screams and pleas for them to stop..  don't fkin move they say as they back off and out the door..

I can hear Paul, his legs are bouncing around on the floor, I imagine brain damage, perhaps he's been booted too hard in the head...

Its all quiet, they've left..   everyone gets up and tries to make sense of whats gone on..

Paul, known to me by his nickname only, thanks me for not giving him up..   thanks nige, a proper mate you are..   the penny drops,  for fks sake, didn't even enter my head they mean't you..   

Turns out our Paul had been a naughty boy and had set about his ex miss's a few days before, she got in touch with some gangsters from Salford to sort him out..  just happened us lot were in the house when they went round to do him...

One of the other lads who lived there at the time was out when it all went off, fancied himself as a bit of a hard case, told us we should of beaten em up. easy to say that when you don't know if the guns might be used I said.. he spent the rest of the night taking the mick, saying if he was there they'd of left in body bags.. that sort of thing.. never missed an opportunity to rub it in.

A few years later he used to collect money for charity, or as truth be, collected charity money for himself..  they all weighed in at the end of the night at some warehouse in Manchester.

Well one night they got robbed, gunmen turned em over...  someone told me a day or two later, first thing I did was go round and see my mate who also ripped folk off in the same scam..  errr, what happened I said..

These gunmen got in and forced us all on the floor, they even made us empty our pockets..  Oh, and why all this was goin on what was Rob doing?..

Nothing, he handed his money over and emptied his pockets as well..   Oh did he now..  can't wait to see him!!!!..

Oh, I asked Paul what the hell was going on with his legs after they gave him a good kicking, I kept moving them from side to side he said. I thought they might kneecap me on the way out..hahahahaha

Reservoir Plogs!

• Haha 3

What could be more exciting than waking up and reading Arbtalk posts every morning? :D

In my younger, slightly more stupid days, storming the gates of Glastonbury Festival on the roof of an old military truck is one of the few (of quite a lot!)  incidents I can properly remember. 

In my older, slightly less stupid days: getting the bike up to 170 got the adrenaline going, marrying Mr Janey and starting out on our life together, every time I take the bike on track, ummm, pretty much anything bike related now gets me excited.

• 3 weeks later...

Apart from becoming a dad twice which is more terrifying that exciting!
The best feeling I ever had was waiting for my first ever Mog getting delivered on a low loader!
Even now 16 years on, dozens of different machines, I still get excited waiting for the low loader to come into site! New Mog coming this week and I’m already getting butterflies!

• Like 4