Stop go signs

dig-dug-dan

53 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Pricing up a reduction on a cedar, part of which overhnags a road.,its not a main road, but is well used.

My climber has said a stop go sign system will suffice, but can anyone advise if i need permission to carry out this and what signage is required?

I don't know about other areas, but all of the Manchester Metropolitan Boroughs require a permit for occupying the highway when using traffic lights, I assume that stop/go lollipops would too. The fee for the permit is £400 + Vat :scared1::sneaky2:

It doesn't exactly encourage working properly.

Interested in people's thoughts on "Stop Works" boards.

Been a while since I've read the book, but from memory, I recall the potential for Stop Works boards to be a useful alternative (where suitable and the prerequisites are satisfied.)

The ability to stop traffic for (I think) 3 mins without going through the full TM procedure.  If I understand / recall correctly, the intention is to allow a short, un-scheduled traffic block - for example to reverse a wagon out onto the road or the like. 

So it has always occurred to me that this might suit the dismantle of a limb or 2 over a road.  Climb, face cut, rig, stop traffic, back cut, lower, ground crew collect and walk off the road, traffic proceeds - the stop traffic bit is all achieved within the 3 minutes allowed.  Never used it but have bought Stop Works boards just in case.

Any thoughts???? 

Just seen Gary's post.....  This could be embarrassing!  

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe