Protecting mobile phones

Shane

Yep I was breaking screens every few months for a while. Even with screen protectors on. Now I have a Samsung xcover 4. Had it for nearly a year no probs. And it has some hard case on also.....water proof and shock proof

The Motorola droid turbo looks tough also

17 hours ago, tony_t3d said:

I use the above off ebay for any phone I get.

It is In 2 pieces and it is bolted around the phone with a layer of padding and an artificial toughened screen.

Famous last words  im yet to brake a phone whilst in this case emoji85.png

I've got the same one and it works fine for me too.

23 hours ago, TIMON said:

Otter box defender. Ran over my iPhone accidentally in the car. The case saved the phone, not a scratch. I wouldn’t use anything else.

Ditto. A Defender on iphone 5 for general use, but since i'm rubbish at keeping the battery alive, a Caterpillar mobile as backup. Waterproof and generally indestructible looking, an ideal basic phone

that always has charge due to huge standby time. You can get them for 20-30 quid

Given up with glass fronted phones, all mine have been fecked in weeks and I dont know anyone with an Iphone thats not got a cracked screen.

The VKworld IP67 is the bollocks, The ring tone would wake the dead, can leave it out in the rain all weekend, battery lasts a week .  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VKworld-Stone-V3-2-4-5200mAh-IP67-Waterproof-Shockproof-Dustproof-Cell-Phone-/332187655052?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10&var=541219601494

Edit: even @Al Cormack would be able to hear this thing ringing  :)

Bob

vkworld-new-stone-v3-quad-band-unlock-ph

Edited by aspenarb

28 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

Given up with glass fronted phones, all mine have been fecked in weeks and I dont know anyone with an Iphone thats not got a cracked screen.

The VKworld IP67 is the bollocks, The ring tone would wake the dead, can leave it out in the rain all weekend, battery lasts a week .  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VKworld-Stone-V3-2-4-5200mAh-IP67-Waterproof-Shockproof-Dustproof-Cell-Phone-/332187655052?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10&var=541219601494

Edit: even @Al Cormack would be able to hear this thing ringing  :)

Bob

vkworld-new-stone-v3-quad-band-unlock-ph

Oi! I heard? that! ?

I've had a Sony Xperia z1 for 18 months. Waterproof with a great camera and all the stuff you could need. I use a Labato leather flip case. It covers the screen and has a couple if card slots to keep business cards handy.
I prefer having a phone that's waterproof rather than going for an outer cover. But that's just me!
I've heard good things of the Otter box brand.

https://www.gear4.com/gear4-oxford-for-iphone-7-gold-colored-26200-c.html

I have had this on the iPhone 7 for the last 16 months. Dropped it loads, it’s passed the daughter test on a daily basis and isn’t bulky, it actually looks smart. The phone is water resistant so don’t need the cover to be. Oh this was tested also when the little one threw it in the bath, the music was still playing :D sooo when I decide to upgrade the phone I’ll upgrade the cover to a new one of this cover. 

What I found works for me is buy a cheap Nokia for £10 from tesco, and have a SIM only with phone/text allowance but no data, that can be used for calls, always in your pocket and battery lasts most of a week.

Then buy a pay as you go WiFi dongle (mine's Vodafone, about £50) and keep that in the truck. I have an old smartphone with a speaker that got wet, but you could just get a tablet or have a posh smartphone for the weekend. No SIM card, just use it for internet.

The best bits are that when you're working you only get interrupted by actual phone calls, and you can answer with wet hands, gloves etc as no touchscreen. And, you can be on the phone while reading an email/looking something up/playing on facebook, etc etc without having loudspeaker on.

The other benefit is that by having the data you use on pay as you go, you're not paying for data you don't use on a contract, or if you go over one month you're not charged through the nose. £25 for 15GB lasts until you've used it all.

Edited by jrose